Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

How Did You Tell Your Parents?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi,

i need some help, and I know this is probably stupid.

I am so scared to tell my parents that I am 6 weeks pregnant. I do not know what they are going to do. The words won't physically come out of my mouth, and I need advice on how to do it.

I can't even sleep anymore, I cry all the time, and I don't know what to do.

I got pregnant last year and my parents found out, but I lost the baby. I do not know how to tell them I let it happen again. I am so scared, but I need to do something. Please, any advice would help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey girl. If you really cant say it maybe you could just write a letter to them?

<3
gaby
|

Active User, very eHealthy
How old are you and your babys father are you all still together, how old is he, are you planing on keeping the baby
|

Extremely eHealthy
You know what?? My mom was going through my room because I was acting different and found the ultrasound picture in my dresser drawer. I didnt really have to tell her she confronted me about it...It was a weird situation, then she told me dad. Try doing that...Leaving the ultrasound out..Or something..And have her find it. My ultrasound was with all my pregnancy books I bought at goodwill...So she found those too.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Idababy
Wow idababy how far along was you when your mom found out.
|

Experienced User
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents?
I know how u feel hun. I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and I still haven't told my parents and can't see myself doing so.
|

Thanks for all your help so far ...

To answer someone's question, i'm 17 and the baby's father is 25, and no, he's not with me. He broke up with me when he found out. And I plan on keeping the baby.

I am thinking of all of these options to tell my parents. I'm going to go make myself some dinner, and think about what you all said but I will be back on here later.

Thanks so much, it really helps to talk to people who actually understand. Wink
|

tquartz490 wrote:
i know how u feel hun. I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and I still haven't told my parents and can't see myself doing so.

aw, girl, i'm sorry. Sad we're in exactly the same boat though. We'll figure it out, we have to.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Good luck girl! Glad we helped!

<3
gaby
|

Experienced User
mimi714 wrote:
tquartz490 wrote:
i know how u feel hun. I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and I still haven't told my parents and can't see myself doing so.

aw, girl, i'm sorry. Sad we're in exactly the same boat though. We'll figure it out, we have to.

yeah, im 17 and my .B.F. Is 20. I can't imagine telling my parents n e time soon, because they already can't stand me,lol.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Seriously I know its hard you guys but you have to tell them.... I mean it expensive having a baby even before the baby comes out and if you 17 your still on their insurance i'm 18 and 4 months pregnant and I got pregnant on my birthday well atleast thats what the doctor said. Seriously I know how hard it is my parents didnt talk to me for 2 months after they found out and I had to move out but we've worked out our differences. You need to get in to see a doctor hun and be healthy and take prenatal pills.

When I went to try to tell my mom I tried so hard in fact I was sooo happy about the whole baby ordeal until they found out. I started acting weird and like tried by taking my mom out to lunch but she ended inviting my brothers so I didnt have the guts to tell her in from of my 3 protective brothers. But she just realized something was up and asked me herself. She was furious just screamed and ranted and raved about me getting an abortion saying it was the only right thing to do. Shes excepted it now and is even happy to find out the sex of the baby on monday. Trust me though hun the longer you keep this from them the harder its going to be and the more pissed they will be they find out.

Let them know that you need their love and support that you know how hard its going to be and that your life will forever be changed dont let thm push abortion and remember they cant force you to even though your a minor and they are your parents so dont worry.

Please tell them though anyway you can just be prepped for whatever you get back trust me once its all over you'll feel soooo much better

i support you 100000% and if you ever want anyone to talk to i'm here... And I rarely sleep haha...

Aim: darlinjessa

i'm from san diego
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Your mom did what my mom did, but my mom's so over it now. She's almost more excited than I am.
|

replied October 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I told my brother first he was pissed off to no end. Then I told my mom and she was pissed but supportive she called my dad and he said oh ok. He also said I only had 2 options to keep her or give the baby to them so ya it was easy I told them the day I found out I was preggy
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I didn't even et to tell my mom. My sister called her and did it for me. I was pissed off then, but now i'm glad. The sooner you tell them the sooner they'll just have to accept it.
|