Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

No Heartbeat

I'm new to this site, but I am very concerned regarding a recent test I received. I had an ultrasound the other day. I should be about 9 weeks. The doctor told me that I had twins, but the ultrasound did not detect any heartbeats. They also told me that the babies were about 7 weeks along. The doctor I saw said I was miscarrying except that I have no other symptoms. I am not cramping or bleeding. Could it be that it is too early to detect or the technician didn't do it right? I had this same technician for my first pregnancy and they missed the fact that I had twins the first time around. I ended up miscarrying one of the twins, but I didn't have any cramping or bleeding with that one either. I'm not sure what to do? The doctor told me to schedule another ultrasound in a week, which I did, but what if I get the same technician.

Any information would be of great help. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2004
Experienced User
Hello and welcome

sorry to hear about what you are going through.
What I think you should do perhaps if you are concern with having the same techinican can you request to have someone else?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I would request a different technician, or ask for a second opinion.
I hope everything works out for you.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know about the misscarrying but when I had an 8th week check up they heard no heart beat then they finally did at 10 weeks
|

replied October 9th, 2004
Experienced User
They say the heart usually can be heard around the 6th week or so. But if jessa couldnt hear her's until later on maybe its different sometimes. I heard my baby around the 7th week. If you aren't cramping or bleeding maybe the doppler just didnt pick it up for some reason, I am no doctor though just one opinion. However I will pray everything goes well for you sweetie! :d
|

replied May 12th, 2009
i need advice too!!
I am at 10 weeks and had my first ultrasound yesterday. It showed twins but a heartbeat couldn't be detected for either. the ultrasound tech automatically told me it was a miscarriage. the nurse then did blood work to test my hormone levels. I am freaking out but have had no signs of miscarriage other than the no heartbeat at 10 weeks. I am so scared! Do you think the ultrasound tech could be wrong?!
|