Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Discharge Before Menstruation (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am due to get my period any day now...Tomorrow or even late tonight. I am having discharge all of a sudden. It is clear and stringy....And it almost feels like my period. I am pretty sure im not pregnant so is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Kia
|

replied October 5th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah, it's normal. Unless it's not white or clear than you could have an infection of some sort.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I second that, unless it is smelly, greenish/yellowish then chances ar eit is perfectly normal, especially if it is white/clear reasonably odour free and stretchy (like wet clear snot sorry) Embarassed
|
Users who thank Kia for this post: chikky 

So do other people get this right before their period????
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Yup, fraid so.
Mucus usually changes during your cycle.
It is also the vagina's way of cleaning itself, which is why you shouldn't clean inside it.
|

So this would be a goodindicator of not being pregnant right??
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Not necessarily Confused Gee aren't our bodies confusing Rolling Eyes
lots of women get discharge ater getting pregnant - sorry honey, don't mean to worry you but nothing is set in stone when it comes to a woman's body.
|

Well !**@!! Lol thanks
|

replied October 6th, 2004
Anyone else have a comment?
|

replied October 30th, 2006
Anonymous
Feeling Gross...
I'm in the same boat as you. It's normal for me to get discharge, but just now I went to go to the bathroom and there was tons of the same type of discharge you just described. That's why I got on here to check out if it is ok or not =). My period is also do any day now. You aren't alone.. I'm glad i'm not either!!! I just hope i'm not pregnant.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
i am having the same thing! mine is almost watery like and my period skips around so i hope i'm not pregnant took 3 test all are negative.
|

replied October 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Feeling Gross...
redheadjkb wrote:
i'm in the same boat as you. It's normal for me to get discharge, but just now I went to go to the bathroom and there was tons of the same type of discharge you just described. That's why I got on here to check out if it is ok or not =). My period is also do any day now. You aren't alone.. I'm glad i'm not either!!! I just hope i'm not pregnant.

this post is from 2 years ago.
|

replied December 16th, 2008
im not coming on my menses
i had intercourse with my boyfriend a week back but i did take prevention of using condoms and eating pills my date was 10th of dec stil not come it happens with and i came last month on menses after 1 and half month but am i supposed to do am i pregnant or its a infection or lack of hormones
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you missed or are late for your period, then you are good to take a home pregnancy test.

If you used condoms and birth control pills then the chance of pregnancy is unlikely. How long have you been on the pill?
|

thanks
the same nite i had intercourse
|

thanks
i had pills the same nite aftr my intercourse nad its been approx 2weeks now i have taken that pill .....and also im flowing white discharge..... missin my periods is not 4 the 1st time it do happens ...what am i supposed to do ....
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, so you started birth control pills the same night that you had sex?
You are not protected with birth control pills unless you've been taking them for at least a week-- many pills even suggest a month.

You period should not be coming for another week if you just started your pills two weeks ago. What pill are you on? Did you start your pills mid cycle? If you did, then it will effect when your period comes. If its been two weeks since you had sex (which it has) then take a home pregnancy test first thing in the morning.
|

replied December 17th, 2008
im ram12345
we get a pill wich has to be taken aftr intercourse within 48hrs dats wat i hv taken ....n also til now i hv not bleeded while the intercourse..... i did pregnancy test its showin im not pregnant ...what 2 do nw
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

thank you
is it necessary dat u need bleed for the first time wen u hv sex or its jus normal coz til now i hv nvr bleeded .........
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, I understand now. Sorry! It's hard to understand your typing Wink

So you took Plan B within 48 hours of intercourse. Plan B can have an affect on your menstrual cycle, its possible your period is just late due to the horomones. Did you have any spotting or anything during the day?

Are you still having a white discharge? Is the discharge smelly and are you a little itchy?
|
Users who thank Maddie34 for this post: ram1234 

yup
yes stil having white discharge ant its smelly and its little itchy
|

replied July 24th, 2011
Sounds like an infection. Likely yeast. Less likely to get if urinate after sex, wear cotton undies and don,t wear tight pants.
|