Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

I Havent Had My Period In 5 Months! (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok im 17. I havent had sex yet, but I havent had my period since may. I dont think its a tumor. My doc asked me if I had constant headaches and I dont. So that means I probably dont have a tumor. Whats wrong with me? Confused Shocked Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kat320
|

replied October 6th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Absent Periods
Dear helpme,

maybe there is other information you could provide such as other symptoms you are experiencing, visual loss, weight gain, weight loss, vaginal dryness etc. Has there been any recent stress in your life or major changes, bereavement, a house move, job loss, relationship problems etc. Things that can cause absent periods are things such as drastic weight reduction or weight gain, extreme obesity, anxiety, stress, thyroid disease, certain drugs and medication, and most obviously pregnancy which doesn't apply to yourself as you said you haven't had sex yet. There could also be many others. Maybe if you could provide other information it would help point out the problem, I am very surprised your doctor hasn't sent you to a gynocologyst as 5 months is a long time to not have a period.

Regards,

.::suzy::.
|

replied October 13th, 2003
a Answer For Helpme
Hey there I was the same way....I have to be on birth control in order to get my period, it's because I produce too much of the male hormon, so it over rides the estrogen. It's acutally very common and I have 3 other friends who have it too. Just go to ur doctor and ask them to have a blood test done to see if thats what it is...For me it's a sad thing cause I am ready for the whole kid thing and I have to be put on a medicine to ovulate my ovaries...But hey as long as I can have kids...Smile
|

replied October 13th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Did u know that it takes some women 2 to 3 years for there periods to be regular so because ur only 17, it cud b cos ur cycle isnt as regular as it wud be if you'd be having periods for ten years. However, it depends on how long you've been having periods.
Also, are u on the pill, are u anaemic? Underweight? These r also contributary factors to irregular/absent periods.
Hope this helped
liz x
|

replied October 16th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
It could very well be that you're anemic. Meaning your not getting enough iron through what you're eating....I was anemic due to malnutrition and didn't get my period for about 6 or so months...If this is the case your doctor will either put you on an iron pill or liquid until yours is where it should be. Also, just a little fact....Normal iron levels should be between 11-13....Mine was at a 9 so it was pretty obvious...You should get bloodwork to get it checked out...Good luck
|

replied January 18th, 2006
I'm Worse.
I dont have much discharge.. Or say.. Whenever I wipe after using the toilet, there isnt any normal discharge like what it used to be... Like... No mucus-y clear stuff. Is it hormonal? Or... Is it.. Infection? I'm worried.. I'm 17 and i've had sex before... But this never happened before... It was only after my last mensus... It became like this. I'm worried. Someone help?
|

replied December 26th, 2007
I Havent Had My Period In 6 Months
Im 16 and I havent had my period in 6 months. The last time I had sex was in June. I wuz under alot of stress months ago Im not stress as I use 2 but I still havent had my period. My weight and everyting is the same. But I do have a problem wit ma olvery. So please replyif you can. I havent told a doctor because Im scared of hospitels!

|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well you really wont know whats wrong until you see a doctor, Stress could have messed your cycles up and its just taking a long time to even out again or it could be realted to your ovary problem
|

replied January 19th, 2009
I haven't had my period in 5 months
I'm 15 years old and I haven't gotten my period in over 5 months. I have never had sex before so I am positive I'm not pregnant. I'm 5' 6" and 110 pounds but I eat extremely healthy (lots of protein/calcium) and I always eat my flinstone vitamins. Also recently I've noticed a lot of hair loss, I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if there is something seriously wrong...

I saw my doctor about 3 months ago and mentioned it but all they said is that I need to gain weight, but I have always been about this weight.

Please Help
|

replied March 21st, 2009
kat320
i havent had my period since oct 7 n i have just had my first time sex yesterday so i was wondering if i can br pregnate plezz i need an answer asap ps. he pulled it out before he cumed
|

replied April 28th, 2009
??
im 15 and i havnt had my period in five months. December. Well i could be anemic but i have lost weight since i eat healthy ( i use to have an overeating disorder. I am almost sixfeet tall and weigh about 132ish. Idk whats wrong. I am not sexually active but i know somehtings wrong cause im sick n tired alot. HELP ME IDK IF IM ANEMIC OR WHAT!!???

ps godbless the rest of you!
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
Stopping peiods
I am 15 and haven't had a period in nearly a year but a year ago I had 2 periods in the space of 5 weeks, I'm really worried I'm 5,3 and am about 9 stone
|

replied May 6th, 2009
just as you ask
What suzy said was right...in some case...well I think in your's...you are experiencing an IRREGULAR PERIOD, in some cases was cause by some factors which Suzy already said...on the other hand was because of your ovulation...not all people has a regular ovulation which causes our menstruation... so don't worry, what your doctor said was right.
|

replied May 30th, 2009
I havn't had my period in almost 3 months.
I havent had my period in almost three months. I took these dieting pills but i took 9 a day instead of three. Could this have given me to much of the male hormones and caused me not to get my period? i am really worried that i might never get it again i am 14 and have had my period for 9 months until this. Over the summer i didn't get my period but that was after my first period so i just figured it was something to do with my cycle figuring itself out. i am super worried so if you have any tips please comment!
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2009
Supporter
I would let your doctor know that you triple dosed yourself with diet pills--this is never a good thing..For any medicene to work it must be taken as perscribed for the full/correct benefit..I am sure he will want to take blood work to see what your blood levels are at..
Please don't do that again...Please call your doctor..Hopefully there is no long term affects from this..
|

replied September 15th, 2009
did you find out what was wrong with you ?
|

replied March 16th, 2010
wondering if someone had some answers for me. I havent gotten my period since the birth of my first child ten months ago. I am not under weight. nothing else has changed as far a eating habits stress change in meds. I have always had normal periods. I am on medication for back pain but have been on for years and got my period every month on time, only change was the birth of my daughter. I have spoken to many friends who have children and they said this is not normal I should have gotten a period by now (its been almost a year since giving birth) currently I have no medical insurance and am a single mother so money is an issue or I wouldve been to the doc already. so if anyone had any answers I would greatly appreciate it. thanks so much
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
I`m 12 and i havent had my period for at least 2 months now.
I have not ! had sex .
i have told my mum
But im kinda worried , whats wrong with me ??
PLEASE HELP ! Smile >'_'<
|

replied June 4th, 2011
dont worry, youll be fine, it might just be because your young.
i had the same problem when i first started and i started when i was 12. i missed 2 periods after my first one and then i had a period and they were normal; youll be fine Smile
|

replied April 20th, 2010
i''m 21years old and never had a normal period and now i havn''t had my period in over a year or 2. i have had sex but with just one person and im not active and i know im not pregnant? does anyone one have a clue what wrong with me?
|

replied April 28th, 2010
im 12 i had my first period when i was 12 and i havent had it in months i had it like 95 lbs now im one hundred lbs and i still have stomach pain and i have a 32 A IN bra size my friend is 11 and has a 36 a she weighs more than me do i need to gain weight
|

replied June 4th, 2011
its probably just something to do with being underweight, its nothing to worry about:)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur