Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Can I Get Pregnant After Going Through Menopause

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
I have what some may call a generic question, can I get pregnant after going through menopause? I mean without any egg transplant or help from the outside. I have ended my marriage and have never had any children and have been going through menopause for 3 years now, one period in the last 16 months, now I am see a fellow and am worried about the possiblilites of pregnancy. Is it possible or should I consult my gyno for some sort of birth control? Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Its very vrey very unlikely

<3
gaby
|

Experienced User
It's exceedingly unlikely, but until you have gone through menopause, there is a still a slight chance.

I would recommend a barrier method of birth control not just to prevent that off chance but also to prevent stds.

Hpv is very common and carries few symptoms for men and some strains of the virus can cause cervical cancer. A diaphragm or condom will protect you.

Take care.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Anything is possible, check with your Dr.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied October 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You are considered completly done with menopause if you have not had a period for one full year.If you are still having your period,there is a chance.I agree with the barrier suggestion,can't be too careful.Best to you.Patty
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
pregnancy while in menopause
i am just wondering how are you going to know if your pregnant in menopause. the test will turn out possitive any way, won't they? i am only into this for about 5-6 months ,also i am 53 and already have 8 kids.
|

replied October 7th, 2012
CAN YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE
|

replied October 7th, 2012
CAN YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE
|