Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I just stopped drinking about a week ago
since then ive had a constant anxiety attack,

symptoms are
lack of appitite, feeling im going to die, sleeping only 3 or 4 hours,
waking up feeling exausted, gas, weakness, feeling of I cant breath, feeling of pressure on my chest.

Ive been to the hospital they gave me a persciption of xanax

are these symptoms normal of anxiety?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2004
Uh Huh
Yes, thoses are some sign. Exercises is good also meditation, therapy, and thing to take yoyr mind off you stress.
|

My friend what you are going through (and you may not want to hear this) are symptoms of withdrawl from alcohol. It presents most often as anxiety symptoms.

Congrats on banning the bottle...Keep it up and things will get much better!

The xanax will help but don't rely on it too much otherwise you will just change one addiction for another.

Another thing is to drink alot of water to help flush out your system, you can put fresh lemon juice in it to increase the detox effects but don't drink the seeds and only use the juice of one lemon over the course of 24 hours in aproximately 3-4 quarts of water.

Good luck
|

Not True
O.K I read some one said it wothdraw from alchol well had thoses same symptoms and am not an alcholic so now what.
|

replied October 4th, 2004
Re
Is there anything I can do about the dizzyness and lack of appetite

and how long to these symptoms last?
|