Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Pain In Stomach And Abdominal Area...what's Wrong With Me?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I've been just downright iserable since yesterday morning. So many symptoms I have...Most of them being stomach/gastrointestinal related I believe. This is what i've felt since then:

- chest pain

- lower back pain

- pain between shoulder blades

- burning sensation in stomach

- feelings of extreme fullness and/or nausea after eating normal or less than normal amounts of food

- "hardened" feeling in stomach

- pain in both sides

- lessened appetite

- pain above pubic area, a bit to the left (can feel a semi-hard lump inder the skin)

- stomach pain (lower stomach, where my navel is)

I had the pubic area pain before but it went away. Now it's back and worse, and the lump that I felt before feels a bit harder and bigger too.

Stomach hardness - when I look at my stomach in the mirror from the side, I look like I have a great big gut on me. But when I press into my stomach, it's solid. There's no flab there at all. When I lay down, my stomach is totally flat - my hip bones rise higher than my stomach. And when I push on my stomach (in the navel area), even lightly, I feel nautious.

As a final note, on the chest pain: my breasts don't hurt one bit. But the ribs surrounding them do. And I was having heart pain friday morning that was very sharp, but that stopped withint about 10 minutes.

Does anyone know what in the world is causing me this terrible stomach pain?

Scaredbaka
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
No.. But with all those symptoms I would get to the doctor..
|

replied October 4th, 2004
Experienced User
Bleh, i'm not one to run to a doctor for every little ache and pain that I get. Most of my symptoms have disappeared, but now I have heartburn that I can even feel in my back, as well as pain in my ribs and black stools.

I don't know what these all point to, but I have a good feeling that, like my last set of bizarre nonspecific symptoms, these ones will disappear just as mysteriously as they came.

Scaredbaka
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Scaredbaka with so many diverse symptoms and black stools, you need a doctor and I am begining to think maybe a psych doctor too - I hear from you a cry for help Idea
|

replied October 7th, 2004
Experienced User
I spoke to my physician today and she said that I may have a problem with my gall bladder and advised me to take an over-the-counter antacid until monday, at which point my ailment will hopefully clear up.

The only thing that strikes me as being strange is the fact that all these symptoms came out of nowhere. I don't have a history of stomach or gastro-intestinal problems (unless rectal prolapse counts).

And that so-called "pulled muscle" that was bugging me a while back is acting up again even worse. And I feel what I tihnk is another lump about an inch away from the original one. It's almost in the center of my groin area, but just slightly left. And almost everything I do aggravates the pain; what I thought were menstrual cramps are being caused by pain from the muscle spreading across the groin area to the right side.

Now i'm feeling a slight pain, sometimes burning, in my right breast, particularly around the nipple area. I'm guessing it's either because i'm cold and have been for a few days, or because my chest pain is sometimes isolated to the right side of my chest. But my breasts are not swollen, tender, painful, etc. They have not grown because I can fit easily into my bras still.

Okay i'm being a baby about the breast thing because i've felt similar pain in that area before. But i'll wait and see if this clears up by monday.

Thanks for listening to me whine ^-^

Scaredbaka
|

replied October 12th, 2004
Stomach Problems
Hi, I deeply know where u are coming from with this. I too, have the same problems: lower and upper back pain, in between shoulder blades, burning in my stomach, belch a lot, feel full all the time, gas, no appetite, pain on both sides. This started 6 months ago, I have had, upper/lower gi, ct scan, they checked my liver and gall bladder, and finally, after requesting for so long, I just had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done last week. They found out I have gastritis and a peptic ulcer. I have been reading on endoscopy and I was told that is the most efficient test to take when you have these symptoms. But by me waiting so long, the gastritis caused further damage, causing h.Pylori, then ulcer. I hope this help you, I am on aciphex triple therapy, but am allergic to the biaxin in this group, so now they are putting me on helidac, these are the combination drugs to take to kill the bacteria in the stomach which is causing the pain, and to heal/cure/etc. The ulcer. I know how you feel, I would cry every day because no one could tell me what was wrong, and it seemed like I was waiting constantly for this test and that test. I hope you get the care you need. Good luck!
|

replied October 13th, 2004
Have the Same
I also have had simalar symptoms such as alot of air in stomach sore shoulders and pain under my ribs ,had a gastoscopy I had gastritis they gave me tablets but still have the same problems does anyone have any ideas what to do next?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2004
Community Volunteer
This girl has serious psychosomatic problems
|

replied October 14th, 2004
Im new to this site have had alot of stomach probs ,but the thing that suprises me is that this sounds pretty common to alot of people is it all really caused by stress? Thats what the docs tell me anyway
|

replied October 16th, 2004
Re: Pain In Stomach And Abdominal Area...what's Wrong With M
scaredbaka wrote:

- burning sensation in stomach

- feelings of extreme fullness and/or nausea after eating normal or less than normal amounts of food

- "hardened" feeling in stomach

- lessened appetite

- stomach pain (lower stomach, where my navel is)scaredbaka

these are all symptoms of gastritis. I have been diagnosed with gastritis caused by an anti-inflammatory and these were my symptoms.
|

replied October 24th, 2004
Yes, i've been diagnosed with gerd and these are all the symptons except for the lump. I have been suffering for 5 months, and have seen 3 diff physicians but still to no avail. Im taking prevacid lansoprazole right now, twice a day. Still having chest pain on and off and really on strict diet right now. The chest pain, at first it was sharp pain but now it turns into dull pain.Im wondering when issit gonna heal completely.....Sometimes it really drives me nuts.
|