Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Sweating

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Does any one no of a such thing called sweating 2 much. Well I do . No deodorant keeps me dry I have tried a lot does any one no a deodorant that will work that I haven't tried. I used lady speed stik, degree, dove gel, adidas 4 women, and soft & dri. None work.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2004
Yeah I sweat too much under my arms too, nothing worked. You can get a rx from your doc called drysol, its stronger than most antipersirants, but that didnt work for me, so now im looking into surgeries., botox, removal of sweat glands, and something called ets
|

replied October 18th, 2004
Experienced User
I just wish I could stop sweating out of my forehead. The lightest activity or anxiety and I am dripping out the head. I wish I could get help.
|

replied October 20th, 2004
Well, the ets surgery is a little more extreme and complicated but they do it for facial sweating too. The dr goes into your chest with a tiny camera and cuts the nerve that controls sweating. They clip a different nerve depending on where you sweat too much. Its a one day thing, you have the surgery in the morning and can leave that same day, it only takes an hour. The only downside is relfex sweating, your body re-routes the sweat to another part of your body, usually not as bad and almost always preferred over the original spot. My dr said usually reflex sweating occurs on your lower back a little more. I just scheduled my surgery for the day before thanksgiving! Insurance usually covers it.
|

replied August 24th, 2005
I have had problems with excessive sweating from my scalp and face(forehead, upper lip, under eyes) for approximately 2 years. I haven't felt hot or had something like anxiety or movement bring it on. I can be sitting still and my scalp is soaked. I have recently been diagnosed with a nodule on my thyroid gland and my tsh levels are within "normal" range but dropping slightly. I'm in my 30's and have no children. I have many symptoms of hypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian disease(both can cause sweating). Docs are kinda stumped. I've tried drysol on my face (sets you on fire) it stopped the sweating for a while but dried my skin out and made me feel flushed. I don't understand the sweating only from my neck up. Very annoying and embarassing at times. Can't wear makeup and I work in the public. Underarms not affected. Does anyone else have this problem? Help
|

replied September 30th, 2006
I sweat excessively under my arms, on my butt and under my knees. I found that the drysol perscription helps a lot with the underarm part. The only drawback is it has to be applied at least once a week at night before bed. For me, it itches like crazy all night and leaves a rash but it does cure the sweating part all week.
|

replied March 13th, 2009
I have the same problem. I tried drysol also, but the side-effects (itching) were worse than the sweating. After trying what seemed like everything I tried Degree clinical protection and have had great results. For whatever reason, the "shower clean" scented version works, but the other scents in the Degree line don't. Not sure what role the fragrance plays or if the sweating can be tied to an allergic reaction since my skin is sensitive. Hopefully this helps!
|
Tags: sweating
Quick Reply