Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

swollen and very soar breasts and my nipples seem bigger (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
*sigh* ok... About 2 weeks or so ago I noticed my breast got a bit swollen and soar, like normal, this usually happens 2 weeks before I get my period. Usually lasts for one week, then a week later I get my period. But since two weeks ago i've been getting these strange little cramps off and on. My last period was on sept. 4th. I should have gotten my period by now. My breast are still swollen and very soar and my nipples seem bigger too. I'm not sure what it could be, my period is never late, I usually get it 1 or 2 days early if not on time. I'm thinking about getting a home pregnancy test but I dont know if it's too soon for it to work or what kind to buy. Please someone give me some kind of advice to help me understand what is going on and what I should do.

Thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lilly00
|

replied October 5th, 2003
Experienced User
Hey lilly,
i'm maria, it sounds like you are pregnant. Does are the same symptom I got with my son....I think you can take a hpt now and it be accurate....The kind you buy is up to you.....For my first pregnancy I used ept....And this one I useed a cheap store brand......They both were right I wish you the best of luck.....Keep me posted....
Passion
|

I just got back from the pharmacy, I ended up buying answer, it says u can use it 3 days before you expect your period, it's 5 days after for me. I'm gonna see how it comes out... I will keep you posted.
|

Experienced User
Good luck.....Keep my fingers crossed for you
|

Experienced User
When I was pregnant with my son, I kept getting cramps like I was going to start my period. They even hurt kind of bad. I took a test when I was a couple of days late and it said negative. So, I waited another week and went to planned parenthood. Their tests are a lot more sensitive so they can be more reliable.

Some hpt's will come up positive in very early pregnancy, it really just depends on the women taking it. If yours comes up negative, I would go to planned parenthood tomorrow and see what they say.

Please let us know what your home test says. Good luck
|

You're not that late yet.. I would wait a week and take a test. Or go to your doctor and get a blood test if you need/want to know sooner.
|

replied October 8th, 2003
Well I took the test and it came out positive. I'm not ready for a child at the moment. Me and my bf have been talking about it and we decided that the best thing is an abortion. First I am making an appt with the doctor for a pregnancy test then talk to her about doing an abortion. This is really hard for us, but we are definetely not ready for a child. I'm very scared of how I will be affected physically and mentally. It's very stressful, all I do is think about it all day long every day. I just hope to get through this.
|

Experienced User
I won't try to talk you out of your decision, but give it atleast a week. You don't want to do something that you will end up regretting. This is a very tough choice, so you want to make sure it's the right one. Just remember that this is something that two of you created. You don't want to decide too quickly to give that up.

Good luck
|

All right, I am going to let you know from expereince! I had an abortion
done last september becuse me and my boyfrieng had jsut gotten together and ended up getting pregnant, it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do since I swore I would never have one! I is always in the back of your mind, and when ever the topic or pregnancy comes up I get so sick feeling and jsut want to cry. I never told anyboby, just my boyfrien of course. I htink I might have second chance to make it up to myself though, I am like aweek late with sore boobs, back, sharp pains in the belly, and right nauseieated all the time! But hsi time if it is so I will definilty be going through with it, I could not go through an abortion again! I am not saying not to go through with abortion because if is bad time or whatever, (which it was for me last year) then you have to do what you think is best for, and the child that you bring into this world, depending on your decision. Let me know how it goes!

Smo
|

Extremely eHealthy
Don't Have An Abortion...
I am really mad at girls that come in here upset and worried find out they're preg and think that a baby can be thrown away like trash. You disgust me. I'm not mean normally but abortion just makes me sick. Have you ever watched the miracle of birth...Even if you are only 5 wks along that baby has a heartbeat and everything. There are women that come in this website...Wishing to god that they could get preg and try constently. You were adult enough to lay down, now be adult enough to go along with the preg. If you're not willing or ready to take care of a child, give it to a loving family that wants a child (but i'm not really for adoption either) you've made your bed, now lay in it.

I got preg at 16, my family constently said the word (abortion) and it killed me inside.

God gave you this baby for a reason (and it wasn't for you to kill it).

I hope you make the right choice.

Jennifer Mad
|

replied April 9th, 2011
I SO AGREE WITH YOU INSURANCEGIRL... I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW A WOMAN CAN DO THAT TO SOMETHING THAT'S A GIFT FROM GOD. ME AND MY HUSBAND WANT A BABY REALLY BAD AND IT JUST HASN'T HAPPEND IF I KNEW HER I WOULD ADOPT HER BABY WITH A QUICKNESS.
|

replied April 9th, 2011
I SO AGREE WITH YOU INSURANCEGIRL... I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW A WOMAN CAN DO THAT TO SOMETHING THAT'S A GIFT FROM GOD. ME AND MY HUSBAND WANT A BABY REALLY BAD AND IT JUST HASN'T HAPPEND IF I KNEW HER I WOULD ADOPT HER BABY WITH A QUICKNESS.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
HI I AM OLIVIA 15 YEARS OLD I AM HAVING SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT PREGNANCY NOT KNOWING IF I AM OR NOT.I AM SCARED TO TELL MY MOM BECAUSE OF THE REACTION SHE WILL HAVE.MY BOYFRIEND IS ALOT OF HELP BUT HE TELLS ME NOT TO STRESS IWANT A BABY BUT I ALSO DONT WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP.
PLEASE REPLY BACK & BE HELPFUL
|

replied May 18th, 2012
ok u really should not put someone down like that cause u don't know the whole situation. I had a abortion because I was raped when I was 16. So are you go into tell me that I layed down like a adult do you think I should have kept the baby. My life would have been over because this jerk desided to take something from me. Having a abortion is a very tough choice and you should not make someone feel lower then they of cause your own opinion. You should have said thing different. That was not right shame on you.
|

replied October 10th, 2003
Friendly Advice
I had a friend when I was younger and she had gotten an abortion because she was young and not ready, and not long after she went into a deep depression (guilt) and tried to commit suicide several times. Also, I have heard almost all women with compassion hate themselves afterwards for the decision that was made. My best friend at work has been trying to concieve for two and a half years and she may have to adopt, there are lots of loving families that would love to take in and give your baby a loving home...Most of these families have the financial means to give your child the best life possible. Pregnancy only lasts 9 months and you are already on your way. Take care and good luck!
|

replied October 11th, 2003
Think Hard About Your Decision
I have to agree with jennifer. I have been trying for a year and a half to get pregnant and i'm sorry, but I can't stand to here that there are so many women out there that are so willing just to "get rid of it" because it doesn't fit into their life style right now. I have never had an abortion and I never got pregnant very young either, but you have to realize that that "it" is a breathing human-being and you are destroying an important part of you and of your boyfriend. If your not ready for a child right now, please by all means, give it to someone in a loving home who may not be able to become pregnant, but can love it unconditionally.
Please think about the baby and what you could be destroying. If you need to turn to someone, turn to god. He will help you. God bless you and your baby. Good luck.
Cin
|

replied October 11th, 2003
Experienced User
Well said girls!!! I also get disgusted by girls and women alike who think it's proper to "disgard" of what god has given you. Whether you be young or old, rich or poor, there is a reason god gave you this child. Let me guarantee you it's not to abort it. You can get through a pregnancy. Trust me!! Listen to all the girls on here that have had one and have advice for you. Hear them out!! Think about what you are distroying and the consequences of the abortion.

Best wishes!!

Carvytaph
|

replied May 18th, 2012
So you think god intended on me being raped and gettin pregnant. You sound like a very ignorant person for posting what you did. Does it make you all feel like big women to gang up on that poor girl. Well I guess you were not taught that if u don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. Haven't you heard about what internet bulling can do to people? Next time stop and use the brains god did intend you to have and think about the harm I could be doing.
|

replied May 18th, 2012
So you think god intended on me being raped and gettin pregnant. You sound like a very ignorant person for posting what you did. Does it make you all feel like big women to gang up on that poor girl. Well I guess you were not taught that if u don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. Haven't you heard about what internet bulling can do to people? Next time stop and use the brains god did intend you to have and think about the harm I could be doing.
|

replied June 10th, 2009
This is your decision to make. You have to make it on your terms, you are the one who will have to live with a child or an abortion. A child is a miracle and a beautiful creation, but if you do not have the means or the ability to take care of it than it can be selfish to take it on. You may consider adoption as well. None of these women on this site know your situation or how you will deal with it. I suggest you talk to friends or family about it...people who actually know and care about you. This is a big decision, and you need to feel content with yourself no matter what you decided. This is your life to live, YOU make the decision.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
Hi, please don't forget we are only people, who think and feel differently and sometimes are overtly emotional. i tried 7 years due to endometriosis and was in and out of hospital and was blessed with a miracle child she is 5yrs old. i decided to try again and felt real guilty as i am one of the lucky ones to have a child so why be 'greedy' but the heart wants what the heart wants. now i am plagued with high FSH levels so quit smoking, red meat etc. now no matter how long or how many tears i would never judge the young lady who mentioned abortion. that is her life, her situation, her reality. mine is mine. because i wants kids doesnt mean everyone does or infact should have them but they do. stick to what is happening in your own lives and be there to listen, not condemn. we are not mini gods nor is your opinion going to change her mind but we could have given options and say whatever you decide we will be here to talk to. so lilly i do hope you talked to your doctor and that you have made the right decision for you. good luck
|

replied June 29th, 2009
Unplanned pregnancy options
Those of you who are judging this woman should be ashamed of yourselves! Women have a hard enough time getting disrespected by men throughout their lives we shouldn't be doing it to each other, especially solely on the grounds of supporting your own agenda. I'm sorry for those of you who are having difficulties getting pregnant. That is a great struggle that takes an incredible amount of strength and patience, regardless of the outcome. However! So does making the very "adult" decision of having an abortion. The idiom "make your bed now lie in it" is more apt to be used when a person has committed a terrible act and as a result, they should suffer because of that act. Do you really believe that is what pregnancy is, unplanned or planned? I will answer for you and say, no it is not. Can anybody here honestly say that you have only had sex to procreate? It is a complicated act that both embraces and defies nature at times. Coming from a person who can not take oral birth control pills, there sometimes is not a foolproof way to protect yourself against unplanned pregnancy. Add in the fact that our instincts want us to get pregnant whether we realize it or not!

To the girl possibly getting the abortion, yes, take your time and make the decision that is right for you and only you! If you do that much, the aftermath will be just fine. Remember that anybody who tells you otherwise, they are only speaking from their own personal, and narrow beliefs that have absolutely nothing to do with your life. good luck.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
I had an abortion and it was right for me at the time. Dn't sit there and yell at people who have a different outlook then you. People do what is right for them not for waht other people think is the better choice. If they dont have the means to take care oft he child it is better off to terminate it.. Abortion is an awful thing and I won't do it again, but at the time I had no damn choice... watch what you say and be a bit more open minded
|

replied October 16th, 2009
I think abortion is not a choice we have the right to make after all the innocent child never once asked to be concieved. I know so many young girls my age who have had abortions but i can guarantee you that none of them used protection. I understand sometimes very rarely there are accidents whilst using protection that happen but then there is the morning after pill or adoption if that also doesnt work. Pregnancy is very avoidable for those who really dont want children at this time in there lives so I advise using protection and looking up abortion because it is not a magical way to end a pregnancy and once you research it you will find that out.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
abortion
I think you have to live in ones shoes to judge. I feel that every situation is different. I know that everyone is different and there will come a time in everyones life where the choice is made and for them it was the right choice. do not judge cause the day may come that you may be judged.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
If you cant deal with the concequences that come along with having sex you have no buisness having sex! Abortion is wrong,you could atleast have it and give it up for an adoption give that baby a chance to live! Too young to have a baby too young to be having sex!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile