Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

a One Day Period? What Does It Mean? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Okay, i'm really worried about my girlfriend. We have never had sex, but we have messed around. This week, she only had her period for one day and said that she didn't bleed nearly as much as usual. This has never happened to her before. Could this mean that she's pregnant? Can you still bleed a little even if you're pregnant?

I'm scared that some of my semen may have dripped on her underwear and gotten inside of her. Is it even possible to get her pregnant like that. I'm kinda scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MrsNiess
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
one day period
this happend to me today i cant sleep im up right now trying to find out if a girl has her period for one day then stops and she says it was lighter? i need to no what this means sombody help me i cant sleep and feel sick thinking about it
|

replied July 12th, 2013
OMG it alright my 2 friends had there period and it was only for one day so I think your alright I hope this may have help?????? have a nice day Smile
|

replied July 12th, 2013
OMG it alright my 2 friends had there period and it was only for one day so I think your alright I hope this may have help?????? have a nice day Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: a One Day Period? What Does It Mean?
pdavis7281 wrote:
Okay, i'm really worried about my girlfriend. We have never had sex, but we have messed around. This week, she only had her period for one day and said that she didn't bleed nearly as much as usual. This has never happened to her before. Could this mean that she's pregnant? Can you still bleed a little even if you're pregnant?

I'm scared that some of my semen may have dripped on her underwear and gotten inside of her. Is it even possible to get her pregnant like that. I'm kinda scared.

She isn't pregnant. You need to actually have sex to get pregnant. Semen doesn't magically find it's way through undies and all the way up inside.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: one day period
wonder23 wrote:
this happend to me today i cant sleep im up right now trying to find out if a girl has her period for one day then stops and she says it was lighter? i need to no what this means sombody help me i cant sleep and feel sick thinking about it

Periods can vary in strength and consistency. All because it is light doesn't mean she is pregnant. A period usually means not pregnant. If you have been having sex, there is a possibility for spotting or implantation bleeding, so she would have to take a test to make sure she wasn't pregnant. If it was implantation bleeding, then she would probably have an accurate reading at this time.
|

replied August 9th, 2012
one day bleeding -- pregnant?
hello,
I do have same type of query here. last month when my gf having her periods we had little anal sex I knw having sex during periods is not good but we did. Now she had only one day bleeding.. now my question to u is that is she pregnant? As far I know by doing anal sex nobody get pregnant---please help me regarding this issue....
Bleeding for one day..is that normal to her?
|

replied August 9th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It is almost impossible for her to get pregnant from anal sex.

By the way, period sex is perfectly fine and ok. It can make her feel better and it may even reduce some other potential health problems later, like endometriosis. As long as you and her is fine with it, just go for it.

Remember to always use protection if she does not want to become pregnant.
|

replied August 10th, 2012
Hello mam,

She had started her periods last month on 6th and this month she had bleeding just for one day... periods for just a day ?? U faced so many similar questions so I request you please let us know regarding one day bleeding...is it happened or is there anything else?
|

replied December 23rd, 2013
Actually i believe that is how Obama was concieved
|

replied June 5th, 2008
can i be pregnant
last month i had a normal period 2 weeks after the last time i had sex....this month i had a period for one day and a LITTLE spotting...i dont know what this means i'm really worried...is it possible i'm pregnant??
|

replied June 5th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Re: can i be pregnant
keikei wrote:
last month i had a normal period 2 weeks after the last time i had sex....this month i had a period for one day and a LITTLE spotting...i dont know what this means i'm really worried...is it possible i'm pregnant??

If you are ever worried about pregnancy, the best thing to do is take a pregnancy test. They are inexpensive and accurate.

If you don't use birth control and engage in unprotected sex, there is a risk of pregnancy.
|

replied June 16th, 2008
one day period
Menstruation Lasting Only One Day:I have regular periods like clock work, and I don’t take birth control, my husband just pulls out. Last month my cycle went as normal, the full 5 days and went one more day a week later. Then this month right on time but only lasted 1 day. I did not even hurt PMS nothing, I did cramp a little the one day, then nothing. Could I be expecting? My cycle is 28 days ovulation 14 days. I am 36 years old and I am too young to be going through menopause, so could I be pregnant? Below is my cycle chart for the last six months. I went to the doctors last month and they stated from my urine test I was pregnant, but my blood test showed that I was not. Then this month I only had a 1 day period. Since I was 12 years old I have never had a 1 day cycle. I have two children and been pregnant three times. Please PM me. Thanks

Cycle Ovulating day
Jan- 23rd -26th 9th

Feb- 20th -24th 6th

March 19th – 23rd 5th

April 16th – 20th 2nd and 30th

May 16th – 18th 28th

May 27th – one day after intercourse

June 11th- 12th less then 24 hours 25th
|

replied March 12th, 2009
1 day period
last mth i gat my period for 1 day... that was the 4 of feb.the next i toke a pregnancu test and it was - ... this mth is the 12 and no period what does this mean
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
It means you need to take another pregnancy test.
|

replied October 12th, 2009
pregnancy questions
i have had reg periods, last month sept 28 i had a day n a half period. a few different websites have caluculated my menstral time and say that today sept 12, i am 2weeks but this morning i took a p.test and it was negative.the web site that i went to later on today said to wait till the 26th to find out for sure.so just wait it out thats all that we can do. its really hard and frustrating but hold on and get through it
|

replied January 11th, 2010
periodo 1 day
i got the same problem my period came onlie for a day and stop i known that is not normal why? i like to know why i can not found any answer if you know the answer or what happen to you write to all this person and my to know what happpen thank
|

replied January 13th, 2010
1 day periods
i had a misscarriage about 2 months ago and since then i have had 2 1 day periods...im really starting to get frustarate as i did a pregnany test last month and it was negative. i have researched into this and it tells me that it could be a medical condition but the thing is i feel pregnant my breast have changed im urinating alot and iv put wait on......i feel like im making it up in my head..arrgggg...help
|

replied February 17th, 2010
could i be
my name is amber, me and my boyfriend was having sex , when we were done he had blood on him, so the next day i check my period wasn't on. could i be pregnany
|

replied May 9th, 2010
am i pregnant
I had a full week of cramping heavy feeling in my uterus,weeing alot and really sore breasts then i come on but only for one day?? am i pregnant?
|

replied April 27th, 2011
HELP!!
i was in the same boat sore breast ..and spotting then one day got a normal flow like a day one of period the next day it was gone?and i am sexually active no protection can i be pregnant?
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
The same thing happened to me but i had cramping for 2 weeks and it was just a slight of cramping here and there. but i had cramping everyday of the 2 weeks. some were strong. and well my breasts were also sore. and i started bleeding which i think it's my period but i was bleeding for just that one time. (one day)...could i be pregnant?
|

replied June 24th, 2011
Same thing happened to me, if you already found out what it is can you please tell me. thx.
|

replied May 17th, 2010
im really worried about my girlfriend.. we never had sex before but at the start of the month she had a period that lasted 3 days and den 2 weeks later she another period which only lasted 1 day ... like we messed around and during the 2 weeks well only once but i dont think nothing happened .. can she be pregnant?
|

replied May 17th, 2010
im really worried about my girlfriend.. we never had sex before but at the start of the month she had a period that lasted 3 days and den 2 weeks later she another period which only lasted 1 day ... like we messed around and during the 2 weeks well only once but i dont think nothing happened .. can she be pregnant?
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Could i be pregnant?
Ok, i take birth control pills and last month when i was supposed to be having my period. The first day it was more like spotting then the next day it quit nothing. Then the next day i bled just a little not much. That was it. This month i cramped for three days before i bled at all and it only lasted for a day. Could i be pregnant? i have had all the symptoms nausea, breasts sore, tired, cravings. please post me back
|

replied September 4th, 2010
Sex, ejaculation, pregnancy, period, spotting, missed period.
Please educate yourselves on sex. Dry humping (sex with your cloths on) will not get a girl pregnant. If you suspect you might be pregnant do a pregnancy test. We can't tell you if you are pregnant or not. Boys/guys learn what the "white stuff" (ejaculation) is. Some of you say you have messed around but don't know if anything happened... then you worry about a girl being pregnant. Get educated. There's tons of information out there on the web.
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
Ejaculation is jackin off not tha white stuff that come out of your penis when yew do jack offf stupid
|

replied June 11th, 2011
Too young for sex
wow ur pretty dumb. Jerkin off is called jerking off meaning strokin ur penis up and down. Ejaculation is the white stuff, called cum that comes out of your penis or vagina when you orgasm. Damn you kids really need to listen up in sex ed. and if you are that dumb and think a girl can get pregnant without intercourse then you obv. are not ready for sex in the first place.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
I am confused about my situation too. My periods have always been 5 days long with some spotting on the 6th and 7th day. They have been pretty regular but sometimes a few days late. I had a miscarriage Oct 12th, I was only 5 weeks along. If I hadn't taken a pregnancy test and waited a week when I had miscarried, I would have never known I was pregnant. My body natural took care of it. I didn't have to go to the hospital or anything and my period(miscarriage) lasted a week like usual. I didn't get my period again till Nov 18th so when I was going on my 6th day late I thought I was pregnant but got my period that day. It seemed a little heavy the first day but the second day it has almost come to a complete stop. Today is my second day and i'm wondering what's going on. I took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. Is this normal after a very minor miscarriage. I had a friend who miscarried when we were roomates and she never mentioned anything about her periods being off afterwards. She was also 2 months along when she miscarried, alot further along then I was. I guess it may be different for each women but I can't help but wonder what's going on.
|

replied February 7th, 2011
what does it mean? i need help ASAP!!!!
i know i dont have a std nd three days ago i was haven sex wit my bf but stopped cuz it was hurtin nd noticed i became on my period nd i only bleed for one day nd that has never happend to me before nd that was the first time i had sex since a month ago nd dat time i didnt use protection nd the guy who im with now has never had sex for a year nd said it hurt him to as well is it possible that i could be pregnant cuz my sister only bleed for one day long time ago nd now has a baby could i be pregnant or did the guy bleed inside me is that possible for that to happen to a guy???
|

replied June 11th, 2011
it is not possible for a guy to bleed inside you unless he has a cut on his penis, which could have happened if you were really dry and that is why it hurt for both of you. Or if it was the first time you and your bf were having sex your vagina may not have been used to the size and if you hadn't been active for a month your vagina will tighten up and it may cause pain, basically like having sex for the first time again. I wasnt sexually active for a couple months and when i had sex again it hurt for the first few times until my vagina became used to his penis size
|