Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Cramping And "late"

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have somewhat of an odd situation. My periods can last anywhere between 22-78 days (usually between 36-56), so needless to say i'm very irregular. I'm 22 and have had them since 12......

My bf recently went in me w/out a condom (we use protection everytime but this time). He was just in me once, pulled right out and didnt come in me.

My last period was 51 days ago. Lately I have had cramping for the past 2 weeks with no period. Today I saw a thin line of bright red blood on tissue when I wiped but nothing since. Discharge has been between yellow and creamy to totally dry to somewhat sticky.

I'm not looking for be pregnant, i've taken 5 hpt, yes 5, periodically since a week after this happened, and all were negative as of yesterday.

What could be wrong with me? I'm not sick to my stomach, i'm not unusually tired, i'm not craving foods, or other "regular" symptoms.

Could I be pregnant? If not , what is wrong with me?

Ps-i'm recently without health insurance, I dont know what to do.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey,

i was in your boat and had very irregular periods. I first got mine when I was 11 and I had two a year until I was 13 at which time I got maybe 4 or 5 a year. When I was 18 I went to my family dr and he put me on birth control which regulated my periods I wasnt even sexually active at the time. I went off of it when I met my current husband and my periods are now much more regular. 28 day cycle almost to the day and thats without the pill. I say you probably arent pregnant but go talk to your Dr. To see what he/she can do for you. It will be better for you in the long run.
|

replied September 27th, 2004
Experienced User
I disagree I have an irregular cycle like you but yet I am 6-7 pregnant it is all according to how often do u ovulate I ovulate only 5 times a year sometimes four it is hard to determine if you ovulate unless you go to a professional
|

replied September 27th, 2004
Thanks everyone for your advice/opinions. I actually got my period yesterday-thank god! I plan on going to planned parenthood though to get checked out and see if they can tell me what's wrong and help me regulate my cycles until I can get some insurance too. Thanks again!
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey just watch out getting birthcontrol from planned parenthood only a hyno can perscribe the correct bc for you. Planned parenthood just like gives you anything... I went thru 4 till I found one right for me
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Did you mean your cycles last 22 - 78 days or your actual period? If you are bleeding for that long you really need it investigated by a professional, you may have something like pcos or pid, both can be treated.

When I started birth control pill (back when I was 13) I was prescribed them by my doctor and even then I had 4 different brands before I found the right one, so don't dismiss planned parenthood. In the end I had to have the mini pill instead of the regular pill.
|