Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

I Hate My New Nose!!!! (Page 1)

Question has this ever happened to anyone whose had rhinoplasty? I got it 15 days ago and it looks exactly the same! And, its making me so depressed! Every time I look in the mirror, I have to hold back the tears. I'm praying that its only the swelling! The plastic surgeon promises me that its just the swelling but, i'm so scared he's just b.S.Ing me! I'm so scared that I went through all that and paid $8000 on nothing! Has anyone had similar experiences? Thanks in advance!
Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper slider11771
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Experienced User
I haven't had mine done (yet.. I want to get it done it the near future) but i've done a lot of research on it. They say most people are not satisfied with their noses during the first couple of weeks.. But after a month or two when the results start to appear their opinion can change. Also, there was this show on tv (and there's so many on there now that I can't remember which one) in which they did this girl's nose. They showed her after a few days and the nose looked horrible and she hated it!! But then they showed her after a month or two after the swelling went down and it looked great!
So I would say hang in there... It's so hard to spend that kind of money and not see immediate results I can see why it would be driving you crazy.
|

replied May 19th, 2014
Hi, wow I feel like I have a lot of friends in this forum. I had an open rhino Jan 2 and hate the outcome. My nose looks bigger, more bulbous and the nasal walls wider than before. I have NEVER liked my nose and like it less now, after spending several thousand dollars with a reputable surgeon. I have been extremely depressed. I stare at it in the mirror all the time and cry. My doctor says that it is still swollen; that may be the case but I don't think it will get much smaller in the next few months. I just wanted a cute little nose and I didn't get one. I even mentioned Christie Brinkley's nose being the "perfect nose" and would like something similar. I don't suppose my doctor knows who Christie Brinkley is.....Sad
|

replied September 28th, 2004
Its to Soon!!
Dont worrie iam sure your nose will go down a bit and you will start to see the changes I have has 2 nose jobs and it takes months to see the actual results I wanted my nose real sloppy and it did not seem that way after the cast came off but a few weeks later it started taking its shape and its still swollen so give it a few more weeks until you get all sad about it!!!Its been 10 weeks for me and iam still swollen!!

Gia
|

replied September 29th, 2004
Thanks For Your Responses,
They definitely make me feel better. Smile i'll just keep waiting cause i'm sure its not completely heeled yet because the tip of my nose is still hard and when I pinch the middle of my nose it still really hurts and doesn't feel right. It's just that its so frustrating to go through all that and pay that much money and then it looks exactly the same still, its just really frustrating but, i'm trying to realize I just have to wait. I mean today will be 3 weeks and I still don't see any results but, i'll still be patient! Thanks guys!
|

replied September 29th, 2004
Mmmmmmmm
Well keep us informed!!!! Yes when the tip is hard that means that its still swolled!!!
Iams ure it will go down lots!!! Soon

hugs

gia
|

replied October 7th, 2004
Just An Update....
Still don't see any difference in my nose at all. Its even a little bumpy now, uhhhhhh, I am so pissed! Well, i'll wait 1 more month (its been exactly 1 month and 1 day today) and if I still don't see any results I will be very pissed and look into if I can get any of my money back or if he'll give me another one for free. Well, i'm still depressed about it Crying or Very sad but, maybe one day i'll get over it (like, when I like my nose) alright guys, thanks again for your replies!
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Experienced User
When I first had mine done @ the start I was sooo emotional just crying all the time and stuff it was weird and I criticized every single bit about it but seriously u have to wait it takes ages to go normal my doctor told me it takes a yr for all of the swelling to go down so dont worri!!! Obviously most of it is in the first mth but still.. And if it looks real bad (like totally not wat its supposed to look like) then im sure they'll fix it up for u.. Anywayz just dont worry u'll be ok

xoxoxo
|

replied November 2nd, 2004
Thanx For the Response Babygirl,
Thats exactly what I always do, is just cry about it, I just feel like I spent all that money on nothing and I had so many dreams about what I wanted to do with my life now that I would be more confident and I just feel like they were just crushed. I mean my nose is still hard (the tip) so, I know its still healing but, its just so frustrating. I've been so frigen depressed all because of this! This is my 2nd time getting it done and I know it takes even longer when u get it done the 2nd time but still, its been 8 weeks! How much longer do I have to wait. Does that mean that the doctor didn't do too good of a job if its still hard after 8 weeks? Well, I have an appointment with him on the 15th so, i'll let him know of my concerns. I just hope that the swelling goes down alot cause if not then, I definitely won't be satisfied. Thanx again for your response!
|

replied January 3rd, 2005
Hey What's Going On?
Hi,

i was just wondering if your nose has gotten any better. I know I just got mine done a little over 3 weeks ago and I feel like the tip is still not as slim as i'd like. I know my doctor didn't want pictures for like 3 months after though and it's still hard and hurts to touch it (also a little numb), so hopefully the swelling will still go down significantly more? Did your swelling go down a lot more maybe by the 6 week mark? I know i'm still 3 weeks away from that mark, so I don't know, I am slightly worried, it looks better, but not what I was expecting, I can see exactly what I want at these two points and if the swelling went into there I would be so so elated! Okay, well thanks for your sharing your story I know it was probably hard to share that, but it really helped me feel better that maybe this isn't so abnormal. Hopefully things have gotten better with you!

Sincerely,
tara
|

replied January 13th, 2005
Hi Tara,
I'm not sure why it posted a new topic for this, sorry. Well, it definitley got better, there's no doubt about that but, it still isn't what I wanted for the money that I paid for it, thats all. I just don't see that much of a difference at all. And, if your only 3 weeks and you already see a difference then, you should definitely be alright. Don't bother worrying about it that early like I stupidly did. And, if your depressed at all, don't worry about that either, its a common thing to happen from the medication your taking and from the anestisia so, don't worry about that, it'll go away eventually. If you have any other questions then, please ask,
ok, hth!
|

replied June 26th, 2009
I completely understand. I had rhinoplasty 2 years ago, I really don't like my nose. It is an improvement, but it seems to be more crooked, pointy, still sticks out just as far, my cartilage is now too close to my skin, so my skin looks whitish in the area, the tip still hangs a bit, it is not symmetrical, and the tip is too hard. I feel like a freak, no one says anything 2 me, but I notice it. I have been thinking about getting it redone, but I am really scared, it may turn out worse, and I don't want to go through all the pain and inconvenience again. I feel like crying too.
|

replied December 12th, 2013
Im going through the same thing you went through, but on my third operation it is allot more traumatic. I'm tired of this. Just wish I knew the right surgeon long before. That being said, I remember I had my eyebrows done and then redone and they looked allot better after the second time. Maybe the same is needed for the nose. Just hope I can get away with a fourth.
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
I'm in the same boat here. Well, sorta. I had my nose done exactly a month ago and I don't see much difference in the frontal view. I specifically specified that I wanted my nose to look smaller in the front, which is what I feel most insecure about, but it looks virtually the same after surgery. The only big difference I see is the profile view, which I am happy with. I've heard people say that, at three months post-op, you can expect your nose to look like whatever it looks like at that stage, with no more major changes. I have two more months to go, and I hope there'll be more changes because I'm definitely no satisfied with my frontal view. If anything, it looks more bulbous with the added tip. *Sigh*
|

replied August 5th, 2009
I hate my nose job
I had my nose done three years ago and the doctor did a horrible job. The $5,000 he charged me should have gone to something else. My nose is a little smaller but for the money and headaches I went through it was not worth it. I researched out this doctor too but still got ripped off. My nose still has the hump in the middle and is still crooked. When the tip was reduced it just made it hang down so I hate it.
|

replied September 11th, 2009
i had my first ever rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago nd im not happy with the results!
i mean i knw its only been 2 wks but i feel like it should have started 2 take its shape by now. im happy with my profile as that was a major issue before surgry as it was so wide but now its how i pictured it,,only concern is the front! it used to bony and narrow so it looks slim but now its gotten wide and its completey changed my face. i cant stop cryi ng!
|

replied September 15th, 2009
i did my nose 3 months ago,i was happy with it until i got it nocket out from my kid. it looks like its on one side.. so the docter said he will do it again for me i am going into surgery 2day iam worried because everyone is telling me u can't do 2 nose jobs in one year,,, but the docter said i can. so i will.. i am not going to stay 1 year with a crooked nose...
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
I had my first rhinoplasy 7 months ago and I am unhappy with the result. My surgeon raised the tip of my nose and now my nostrils look to big for my face, also you can see up my nose more. I feel as though I have a snout trout - well it's not terribly raised but I definitely prefer my old nose. My new nose now looks too small. As far as the healing goes they say 1yr but to be honest my nose hasn't changed much at all except the tip is not swollen anymore. I encourage anyone who is considering Rhinoplasty to really think seriously about going through with it. It seems exciting and you think it will change your life but I can tell you all I've done for 7 mths is cry. I am also seeing a counsellor as the grief is so overwhelming. My nose was quite lovely before, I just had a slight bump but now my nose has been completely remodelled. Don't get me wrong, the surgeon didn't do a terrible job it's just not what I wanted at all. I think surgeons have an idea in their head of what they want your nose to look like although it's usually not what you want your nose to look like. (or perhaps I just selected the wrong surgeon) I feel as though I look quite different from the front. Does anyone have any advice or comments? I am considering revision rhinoplasty but am so traumatised by my first operation I don't know if I could handle another disappointment. This has completely changed my life and I only hope that one day I will begin to heal (mentally) from this ordeal.
|

replied April 20th, 2011
same goes here.. i had rhinoplasty three months ago.. and i don't like it.. my nose used to be flat (no bridge) and a bit wide.. but i can say i like my old nose than my new nose.. my frontal view isn't what i wanted.. my side views are okay.. but the frontal view of my nose looks bulbous..i don't know if it is just swelling.. i've been crying ever since.. i spent a lot of money on this.. i am so depressed.. My family and friends said that my nose looks okay than before.. but for me, it is really not..i want my old nose back... =(
|

replied March 29th, 2012
I had rhinoplasty about 9 months ago. I was 23, and struggling deeply with how I looked. I thought my nose was too wide, and due to a deviate septum, and a hit in the face as a teenager, my nose was also crooked. I thought a nose job was the answer. I would sit on the computer and obsessively stare at celebrities, and models, people I thought I should look like, to the point where I began subconsciously shopping for noses. I was too blind and insecure to see that I was drop dead gorgeous. I convinced myself that this would make me more confident. As fate would try to warn, my first appointment was accidently cancelled. I was upset, but rescheduled. Then my blood results came back, and apparently my white cells were too high, and that should have been sign number two. Instead I got the go ahead. The morning of surgery I went to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, and loved what I saw. I thought to myself "What am I doing". I was greedy though, and convinced myself that this would make me perfect, that my nose was fat and wide, and had no definition. So I went through with it. The last 9 months I have been so depressed and spend most of them crying. I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I also hate even more that I was never one who "approved" of plastic surgery and thought it was bull, but there I was staring at my enemy. Everyone kept telling me it's healing, it will look gorgeous. But it hasn't and now one year is approaching, and I don't know what to do. My nose is now even more crooked, way too thin, it's flat and looks smooched, and was even shortened!! I'm so angry with myself, and if i could turn back time I wouldve taken off that gown, and said "I'm sorry but I can't do this". It sounds so trivial, people around the world are dying, people don't have a place to live, kids are starving, and here I am complaining about a nose job. I only did it because I had convinced myself that I would be more confident, and beautiful if I did it, and it was free, a family friend did it, and he was professional, and had great success stories, and my brother even went to him. But rhinoplasty clearly wasn't for me. Now I don't know what to do? Should I go back to him and tell him what I hate, and hope he can fix it and will listen and understand? What if it looks even worse!!? I don't want to look like a fake plastic doll. The worst part is I wanted to be an actor, and now I notice on camera my nose looks awful, my nose before looked great, it fit my face, and yes it was slightly crooked, but it didn't look odd or out of place, not I feel like it's a focal point, and screams "I've been under the knife!". What should I do? Someone please help me. I feel like I have no one to talk to about it, because the worst part is, no one even knows...my close friends do, but I try to pretend like I'm okay with it so I don't feel even worse about myself. I've lost all confidence, even the little amount I had before... Anyone out there that experienced the same thing?
|

replied May 16th, 2012
hey, im in exactly the same boat. had my op in 2007 and so traumatised by it all that i dont know if i can risk it again.
|

replied September 2nd, 2012
hoping for a solution
I feel exactly the same way Im constantly looking back on old pictures and realize more and more that my old nose wasn't as bad as I thought. Now its too thin and I feel like everyone can tell I had a nose job I don't take pictures any more my attitude has changed I'm not as happy as I used to be everytime I look in the mirror I just want to cry I feel like I look like a monster. If I can go back I wouldn't have done it either worse part is i saved for years and worked really hard and now I feel all that was for nothing. I always hated my nose since I was small and always thought a nose job was the answer. I also think it makes it worse when you can't talk about it your family will tell you it looks fine and its all in your head, the close friends you did tell you don't even want to mention you hate it and everyone else you didn't even tell so most of the time you spend alone crying about it. It's almost a 1 1/2 since I had my surgery and I'm also thinking of a revision. Did your nose get better? Did you decide on a revision? I know its been months since your post. Hope you're having better luck then me
|

replied July 7th, 2013
Yes I have been through the same thing, let me know if you would like to chat about it.
|

replied July 7th, 2013
Yes I have been through the same thing, let me know if you would like to chat about it.
|

replied July 7th, 2013
I am Sad had myne done 6 months now and everyday hate it more and more. I just wanted hump removed but has changed my whole face from front when I look in mirror I don't feel I'm looking at me it's now fat and very wonky and can still not breathe properly. I was like you there wasn't even anything bad with it before and wish I never got it done Sad x
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
Oh I forgot to mention... The operation also altered the length between my nose and upper lip (I had an open Rhinoplasty). Now when I smile I can see less teeth and it looks a bit odd. Has anyone experienced this?
|

replied October 19th, 2009
frommetoyou I am dealing with the same problems,only all I had done was a columellar excision the reduce my bulbous tip and I regret it %100. I am severly depressed and am now seeing a counselor as well, my nose was perfectly fine before this but it was all I ever thought about. I'm only a month and a half post-op.
|

replied October 25th, 2009
Hey from me to you,Mark here your post regarding your 7 mth ago procedure is amazing. Browsing through websites i come across your post and not sure how to use this website but if anyway possible to get in touch with you regarding how you are today regarding your procedure.I can honestly say my conditions are almost indentical to yours, its as though i wrote your post, i am deeply traumatised and paranoid of this whole ordeal. Please reply
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Hi all, seems all are quite disappointed about your nose job! Have u consulted your surgeon after rhinoplasty? Ask where u go wrong? After all, its your face,you must feel and look good.
May I suggest u something? I knew a surgeon-Dr. John Diaz. His patient's success stories are phenomenal. You can consult him-ph.no.310-770-9949
|

replied March 12th, 2013
Hi,

I am agree with judylynch. you firstly consulted with your surgeon. then take decision.
|