Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Could My Clitoris Be Too Small?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Embarassed my name is joann, and I am 37 years old. I am also a virgin (see "depression due to emotional & sexual abuse"). This is very embarrassing for me to openly discuss, but I think my clitoris is too small. I am never able to find it when I open myself up down there to look. I can feel it, though, especially when I masturbate, so I know it's there. Orgasms are definitely not a problem for me when I masturbate. Is this normal? Should I consider having surgery to enlarge it a little? Or should I leave it alone and not worry so much about its size? Does the size of one's clitoris really matter?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Joey Bear
|

replied September 30th, 2004
I don't think there's any need to worry. Clitorises come in all different sizes, and so does the skin that surrounds them. Even the big ones are small!

The clitoris has absolutely no function other than to feel good, so as long as it feels good, then there's no need to interfere with it. I don't think there are any surgeries available that can enlarge it anyway (the clitoris is highly complex network of very delicate nerve-endings, and I think surgery would be pretty barbaric!).
|

replied October 18th, 2009
Clitories size.
I have a problem. how can one side of the clitorises be small and the other big? is that a problem? i've been trying to look it up but came up with nothing. can you help?

thanks.
|