Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Constant Headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Since this past sunday afternoon i've had a terrible headache (or perhaps a series of headaches). At first it wasn't that bad, but as the night progressed, the pain brought me almost to tears.

Now, tuesday evening, I still feel my headache. It's much less severe that sunday night, but I still feel it. I've been filling my body with ibuprofen nonstop, taking 3 gelcaps instead of the recommended 1-2 every few hours, but it is doing nothing for me. It's to a point where it sometimes is painful to keep my eyes open.

The pain itself is dead center in my forehead. It feels like someone nailed me with a cue stick.

This headache started out of nowhere on sunday.

Does anyone know of any remedies? Or should I be concerned about this headache that perseveres through ibuprofen?

Note: this headache does not keep me from sleeping. It comes about an hour after I wake up in the morning at 7 a.M. And lasts until I go to bed at around 10 p.M.

Scaredbaka - has a throbbing head
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
I have found excedrin or excedrin migraine to be the best medicine when I get a really bad lasting headache. It is the only thing that works for me.
|

Experienced User
At first I thought what I had was a migraine, but then I read about headaches and such and it said that migraines are usually isolated to the sides of the head. But is it possible for them to occur in the center of the forehead as well?

Another day has passed, and the pain continues. Earlier today I was crying from the pain. I'm sensitive to light and can hardly keep my eyes open during the day.

I spoke to a nurse practitioner and she told me it's probably viral...Big surprise o.O

I'd love to go and get my head examined (hehe sounds kind of funny), but I don't want my mom to have to pay 70 dollars just for some tight wad to tell me that i'm fine. We're running very low on money and my mom needs all she can get.

But thank you, badsal, for your help. If this persists, i'll try excedrin.

Scaredbaka - finds herself always asking, "why me?"
|

Experienced User
Whether it's a migraine or not... Excedrin works great!
As for migraines, they can occur on one side of the head/face, but they can also cause your entire head to hurt.. Or it to even be localized around your forehead and temples (this is when many people assume they get sinus headaches when they are really getting migraines) mine tend to move around from headache to headache.
|

replied September 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
I don't know if mine are migraines or sinus headaches or what. Sometimes I even feel like I am going to throw up when my head starts hurting so bad that I am crying. I usually take two excedrines and rest for awhile, trying to hold my head any way to ease the pain a little bit. Also I found that one of those gel eye masks over my eyes makes my head feel a little better.
|