Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

So Confused!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay ya'll,
so here's what's been going on with me. Well, this week I started what seems to be a pretty normal period, but without the bad cramps. If I did get crampy it was really light. I thought I was pregnant up until this point and now I just don't know what is going on. I got a faint positive on one test and had multiple symptoms. I did start feeling better last week and was able to eat finaly, but my symptoms started very early on and were always a month ahead for my stage in pregnancy. I never got it confirmed by a doctor, but I could put money on it that I was. Do you think I may of had a miscarrage? I thought you were suppose to bleed heavely and get cramps. My mom had her period for four months during one of her pregnancy's. I still have the veins and my stomach is still bigger than normal. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I can't fit into my other pants that I wore before we started trying. Any thoughts as to what could be happening and any support would be great. I'm so confused right now and don't know what to do. Thanks me Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2004
Well I was with my sister when she had a misscarriage and she was in alot of pain and the misscarriage lasted for almost a month. I have heard of alot of people having periods while they are pregnant. As for your symptoms, I had a friend of mine that wanted to be pregnant so bad that she actually started getting symptoms....All I can tell you is get an answer from a doctor.....Hope that helps alittle
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2004
Community Volunteer
Pitterpatter, i'm so sorry.
You really should see a doctor, for 2 reasons. 1) you may actually be pregnant, and the bleeding could be for many reasons, which will be ok so long as you get early treatment, or 2) you may have miscarried, in which case if you are only having light bleeding, it may not be coming away completely and you may need either drugs, or treatment like a d&c to ensure tha nothing is left inside to cause an infection.
Honey I really hope you are ok, but please see a doctor.
|

replied September 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Pitterpatter, I am so sorry, I have been wondering how things are going for you. I agree with all that kia said, and I can share with you what happened for me.

When I miscarried I had a regular period, little more crampy than normal the first day, then med-light the next few days, only crampy the first day.

But I have been back to my doctor, and if I hadn't bleed like a normal period she would have had an ultrasound done, to make sure my uterus & tubes were clear. As it stands I had another blood test, to make sure my hcg levels have dropped.

I remember you were holding out until october to go see a doctor, but if you can get in sooner please go.
|