Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Obessesive Anal Itching Please Help!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi

my boyfriend has this habit of scratching his anus at every opportunity - watching tv., in bed...! There is no obvious sign of worms or infection, he merely claims he finds it relaxing and enjoyable. I find it vile and disgusting - not to mention the biggest turn off ever, his hands are more often than not accompanied by the "aroma" of faeces Sad I have tried to make him aware of the hygiene implications, but it almost appears to be an obsessive tendency and he seems to think it's perfectly ok. What can I do about his? How can I get him to understand that having traces of faeces on his fingers is potentially dangerous - simply telling him this has made no difference in the past and his anal itching has continued throughout the last 6 years of our relationship.

I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|