Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Adhd Help!!

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
Okay, for my health class, I have to do a project on adhd (attention defecit hyperactivity disorder). Its a pretty easy topic- theres tons of information on it.

But I have to find a "real life" story about it. All I have to do is find a story online, and print it out, and hand it in for 50pts, but I cant find one!! It has to be about the persons struggles, how medication helped, etc...

Can someone help me look, please!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My boyfriend has it, can I tell you aobu him?

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
My cousins got it .B.A.D aswell...I can tell you about him
|

Experienced User
I wouldn't mind!! That would probably work!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Http://www.Lcet.Org/adhd/stories.Html

dont forget about the stupid caps thing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Alright. Im doing it right here

when jason luis aguirre was born, his dad had high hopes for him. Being from south america, he wished one day his first born son would be a soccer star. His mother, of course, just hoped for the best. She wished he would do well in school and live up to the best of his ability. When jason was about 5 or 6 years old, it was finally his chance to play soccor for "daddy". His dad was so excited that he became a coach. Dissapointingly, jason didn't do well. Not only did he not do well, but for some reason, he was not like the other kids out on the field. He was the most rambunctious, violent, annoying child out there. His dad was dissapointed, but it was ok, he loved him nonetheless. As jason got older, he got in trouble in school and could not pay attention. It's then that he was diagnosed with adhd, better known as attention deffecit hyperactivity dissorder. They put him on ridalin and thought all would be well. They were wrong. Now jason had trouble sleeping at night, and was more of a zoombie then a child. They decided that this ridelin was causing more damage then good, and stopped adminsitering it. In 7th grade, jason just could not seem to keep his attention on his teachers inschool and failed; every class. He was left back, and had to repeat 7th grade again. Now jason is a junior in highschool and though, almost fully "grown-out" of his adhd, but it still very present. He has many problems sleeping at night, and still has trouble concentrating in class. Instead of sleeping at night, he finds himself drifting off during the day, even in school. This has caused some damage to his grades, but not very significant. His family finds is frustrating that they may have to repeat things numerous times to him before he will listen, or that he doesn't rembmer anything 10 minuetes after it was said. Will this disorder cause jason to be a failure in life? No, but it is another obsitcle that he has to overcome in life, and that may be difficult.

<3
gaby
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I knew a kid who had it and they prescribed him ridlin, but they accidentally did it based on his older brother's height and weight instead of his, and he was 5 and his brother was 16, so when he took the pill the first time, he was sooooooooooooooooo wired that he didn't sleep for 4-5 days, and at one point, he smeared peanut butter on the walls of the house and ran through the house with a toothbrush in his mouth and fell and it punctured the roof of his mouth and went into his sinus cavity and he had to have surgery :-\
|

Extremely eHealthy
Dang erin...Thats funny...But really sad at the same time. What kind of stupid doctor does that? You'd think they'd notice they were giving a little kid too much.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol yeah! It was really unfortunate for him and his family, but it was kind of humorous...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeh seriously.

Embarassed I thnk thats pretty funny Embarassed

but it is also sad

<3
gaby
|

Experienced User
Thanks soo much for all of your responses!!!! They've helped me alot!!!!

My brother has add, but I have to do adhd... Lol, so similar, but yet so different!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I thought it would be easy to find those stories because I used to look up personal mental stories all the time but it's like pulling teeth to root through all the one's about depression.. Doesn't help that I may have add or adhd myself (sorry, no real story about me though) so it's kind of hard to have it and look for it Smile
|