Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Stomach Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have really bad pains in the upper middle part of my stomach. It is more on right side than the left. It is tender to the touch. The pain comes and goes. I feel feverish, tired, and just down right sick. Could this be appendix or gall bladder?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2004
Anonymous
Stomach Pain
Sad

funny that you mention this....Because I am having the same problem right now, and it has been going on a few days. So, i'm seeing what everyone else thinks and i'm going to the doc this afternoon. I'm an emt, and I can tell you that right upper quadrant pain (which is what you have) is a significant sign for a gallbladder problem. In addition, you can have referred pain (pain that moves or travels to another spot) in your right shoulder. You can also have pain in your back on the same side. Appendix pain is usually right lower quadrant pain, however, it can radiate. Post and let me know how things go...
|

replied September 15th, 2004
Anonymous
Stomach Pain...reply #2
Embarassed

i forgot to mention to you....If you are having fever too...You really should go to the doctor. That is a sign of possible infection. You could be trying to pass a gallstone, which can get lodged in the duct and then can cause an infection. That can get bad. Of course, it very well may not be the case...But fever is something that you should not ignore, especially if it accompanies pain of any kind.

Good luck
|

replied September 16th, 2004
Just Like Me
Shocked
wow, that sounds like exactly how I felt when my gallbladder problem first started, pain in the middle of my abdomen, about 4 inches above the stomach, very fatigued, nauseous, feverish. Please have your gallbladder checked. Insist on an ultrasound and if that is normal have a hida scan done. I had the ultrasound when I first got sick 4 years ago, but since that came back normal, they ruled out the gallbladder. Little did I know that there was another test, the hida scan, that shows gallbladder function, and that was my problem. I would hate for you to go through years of feeling unwell because of not having the appropriate testing done. Please see a doctor and also know that there may be other options to surgery, depending on what the problem is. Good luck.
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Re: Stomach Pain
amrobbe wrote:
i have really bad pains in the upper middle part of my stomach. It is more on right side than the left. It is tender to the touch. The pain comes and goes. I feel feverish, tired, and just down right sick. Could this be appendix or gall bladder?
|

replied February 3rd, 2005
Re: Stomach Pain
anonymous wrote:
amrobbe wrote:
i have really bad pains in the upper middle part of my stomach. It is more on right side than the left. It is tender to the touch. The pain comes and goes. I feel feverish, tired, and just down right sick. Could this be appendix or gall bladder?
:d
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Anonymous
Ouch
My trummy hurts on the right hand side :evil: it really aches andwhen I tell my mum she thinks im just moaning lol
it realllllly hurtssss and it come and goes but it is really painful:@ and ive had it for like 4-5 months on and off
|

replied January 25th, 2010
Am I supposed to still be in pain 7 days post op gallbladder
I just had my gallbladder removed on the 18th. I am still in alot of pain and have shortness of breath. I am 32 years old and this is my first organ ever removed and I have been constipated for 5 days now. I always heard it was painful but now i really now my first time being "blocked" up. Anyway, I am having cramping in the middle area sometimes but mostly above stomach where main incision is. Also my left side by my ribs hurts and looks and feels swollen or bloated. My stomach also has spasms and is tense i cant relax, still nauseas and can hardly walk, the bouncing makes my whole insides feel bruised. My doctor wont tell me anything and wont return my calls but this pain is still sharp, and stomach wont stop growling. It's almost like im hungry 24/7. Was it really my gallbladder that needed to be removed? Or are these normal post op symptoms? Any suggestions for relaxing and numbing the pain? I dont even know what i can eat and what i cant. Will someone please help me out?
|