Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Sore Butt

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I know this might sound funny. But this is my second pregnancy I know they are all differnet but i'm about 5 weeks and my ass hurts. Almost like I havent worked out for a year and went and did like 2 hours of butt exercises and I haven't done anything remotely enough to make it feel like this. I have as much pain in my butt as I did with my breasts during my first pregnancy. And my breasts are hardly as sore. I was just wondering if anybody else had this symptom or if maybe its not related to pregnancy. If its not then I have no idea what it could be from.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2004
I had the same problem with my pregnancy. I asked my doctor about it and he said that it was just the new weight of the uterus pressing on the nreves in the lower pelvic region. What threw me off was I had no idea that the weight of a 10 week pregnant uterus could do that. If the pain persists, you could try massaging your lower back with tennis balls. It helped me quite a bit. Also when you are laying in bed, lay on your back with your knees up, it takes the pressure off of your pelvic and lower back areas. Hope this helps!
|

replied September 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks charleen

i'll take that into account.

Who would have thunk that was the reasoning behind it. Shocked
|