Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Overnight I Got a Fat Lip For No Reason?????

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm 16 and i'm a guy if you needed to know, when I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror and half of my upper lip is huge it swelled up overnight and I didn't even do anything to it. Its freaken me out I iced it and put heat on it and it didn't go down whats goin on. I have been goin through allot of stress lately my truck got hit my guitar got ran over and money problems and everything has just been down on my luck,and now this I wake up and bamn fat lip could anyone please help me??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper emanresu3
|

replied September 5th, 2009
Morning Fat Lip No apparent reason...
Don't worry, dude. You probably just got a bite from a bug in the middle of the night or it could also be the result of a pimple. Weird, I know, but that was the answer I got after searching on the web as a result of waking up with the same thing today! Evidently it's quite a common occurance. Ice it inside and out for about 10 minutes and take the ice pack off and give it a rest about every 15 minutes. Too much icing without the 15 minute breaks inbetween could make it worse. Good luck!!
|

replied September 5th, 2009
After further research another remedy I found that worked for many with this morning fat lip problem is taking benedryl or some other antihystemine. Some say the fat lip could be result of a food allergy of some sort, eg: too much citrus, msg, food coloring in certain bbq sauces, etc. I know the person who posted this posted it 5 years ago but I put my findings down for anyone else who may need the answers.
|
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply