Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Clear Blue Easy.

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hello to everybody. I am new here. I hope I can get some questions answered who might know more then I do. Here is my story.

So my husband and I are trying for number 2. The day after my period was due I took a test early in the morning and there was a light line. It wasn't a hard to see line it was just pink instead of a burgandy line which showed up in the control line window. So I figure well this is a no name brand and it's the second of two tests and its been in my cubbord for almost 3 months. So my hubby goes out to buy a clear blue easy test clear it is not!!!!! So I took the first of two tests that same day after work there was definatly a plus but it wasnt super dark but again it was dark enough to tell and darker then the other test showed me however it was kind of diffucult to tell because right where one of the lines is supposed to be (it makes a + symbol) it seems that there is some kind of shadow or line on the plastic that covers the window. It's almost looks like bent plastic kind of whitish. Now apparently on the box and on the instruction paper the line that is the most important goes the other way "|" vertical.(this is important for the second test) so it seems it would be pretty clear to read if one was pregnant so there was definatly a line that went the that way. Like I said not the darkest but its still early (1st day after missed period). So I called the doctor and made an appointment. Now its 4 days later they say hgc doubles every two days or so I was told by my mom and hubby to take the other test because if everything is going well then the line should be darker. Now I woke up this morning and kind of had pee anxiety. . So I start peeing and then stopped but I know I have to pee more. So about 2 seconds later I pee more but it seems that I got it enough the first time because the test started to work. So the end result was that the control line window (second window that always has a line in it) showed up so the test is supposed to have worked but the problem is that there seems to only be one line in the result window again kind of hard to tell because of that stupid piece of plastic but the line that shows up (really dark this time) is supposably the part of the line that shows up for a positive. Like the plus looks like this + and the line going this way - is for negative and if the other line doesnt show up then its just that, a negative. But the line that showed up is the vertical line | and the other line is barley and I mean barely there I think the way the plastic is makes it look much darker (or lackof) then it really is. I thought okay I didnt have any bleeding maybe it is a chemical pregnancy and then I noticed the box and they said negative looked like - and mine looked like |. I showed my husband and he seems to think the line going horizontal - is like a control line for the result window. I of course am hesitiant. I want to get another test that just has one line, that seems to work well for me. But its 2 in the morning here and the stores of course arent open. I would call the call line but they arent open on weekends. So I came here. I was just wondering if anybody could help or if they had a similar experiance or if maybe the lack of pee was part of it? I'm thinking not since the control line appeared in the second window. Of course any help would be appreciated until the stores open up in the morning. I hope I didn't confuse anybody.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Ok I had a pee accident with one of my first response tests - I missed most of it, but I still got a faint line.
It is very unusual to get a false positive and it sure sounds to me like you have 3 positives.
Whatever you do (if you do another test) make sure your pee has been in your bladder for at least 4 hours and that you haven't drank loads before hand.
|

Experienced User
Thanks kia.

I was just wondering though what do you make of the line going vertical. Apparently on the box it says you need the vertical line for it to be a positive and that was the line that was really dark but the other line the horizontal one which is supposed to show up negative or positive hardly showed up at all. The line in the control window the second window showed up as dark as the vertical line. It says in the instructions that you need a + but on the box its the vertical line you need to make the plus. It's all really confusing and I do plan on taking another test. A cheap one this time. With one readable line instead of two. Since the two other tests did show faint lines of positive i'm still hopfully and i've got symptoms. Hopfully things work out.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
The -- line will always be there cuz it shows up if it gets wet, however the | line will only show if hcg (human chorionic gonadatrophin) - the pregnancy hormone is present.
I wouldn't care how faint the "working" line was, the important bit is the "test" line.
Good luck, keep us posted. Wink
|

Experienced User
Well I took another test. It was a nice cheap one liner easy to read. Definatly came back ++++. Thanks for the help. Hopefully everything goes good. Dr. Appointment is on wednesday.

Thanks again Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Good luck and take care, let us know how it goes Wink
|

replied March 18th, 2012
I just took the test clear blue plus I'm so lost where the plus control window is darker but no plus sigh am I pregnant ?? I really want to b pregnant Wink
|

replied March 18th, 2012
im i preg
I just took the test clear blue plus I'm so lost where the plus control window is darker but no plus sigh am I pregnant ?? I really want to b pregnant Wink
|

replied March 18th, 2012
im i pregnant
|