Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Bleeding While Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello everyone. My husband & I recently celebrated our one year anniversary. To add on to this joyous celebration, on august 20th. 2004 we discovered that we were pregnant. We are so happy & we feel so blessed, the only problem is that I have been bleeding everyday. I want to have some hope that my baby will survive. I am scared that I am going to miscarry because of this bleeding. Is there any women out there who experienced bleeding during their pregnancy? Any response would be great. I have been keeping up with my doctors appointment, but I am so scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sunny1977
|

replied September 8th, 2004
As long as it's not with cramps I wouldn't worry, but tell your docter just in case. I know quite a lot of people that bleed throughout their pregnancy. One of them being my mom. So yes, you can bleed while pregnant.
|

replied October 11th, 2004
Re: Bleeding While Pregnant
I am 14 weeks pregnant today, and this is going to be my second. I did experience light bleeding with my first, and with this one I have had some relatively heavy bleeding, I went last week for an internal ultrasound and they said it was implantational bleeding which will go away on its own. They told me to take it easy, no intercourse for 2 weeks after my last bleeding day. They didn't seem to have any concerns. They did however tell me that if the bleeding is with very bad cramps or is filling up 2 to 3 pads in an hour that is too much and to be seen right away. I hope I helped you a little.
|
Users who thank mickjill for this post: mommy2mekia 

replied October 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Umm I Have a Q's
I am to belive that I am preg but I am bleeing some what heavy what should I do I had preggo signs for 3 weeks should I got 2 the hosptial if I have lots of clots in my blood?
|

Re: Bleeding While Pregnant
I would go and buy a pregnancy test first, if it comes up positive then call your ob to have an ultrasound done, they will be able to tell you alot from having one done.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Go to the er
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Call your doc!
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Bleeding While Pregnant
Is it definately a miscarraige if you bleed really heavily with blood clots too? I only been bleeding for 4 days now but I am worried. I have a scan on tuesday morning to see if I still have my baby or not. But they also sed it cud be a twin pregnancy and ive lost one. No1 knows for sure but I am confused. I just need to know if anyone out there has bled badly in the first 2 months of thier pregnancy and still have their baby????? Please sum1 reply I really need to know from sum1 with the experience :cry:
|

replied April 6th, 2005
Anonymous
What if there is heavy bleeding and cramps...What would that mean??
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Anonymous
Bleeding Pregnant
I have been bleeding since thursday 23rd the docs have no clue what is going on I posted a article please some one reply. Have appointment on monday. Oh and baby is fine had ultrasound done on thursday. I am 13wks.

I wouldn't worry if you are having no cramping, keep up with your doc or ob and do some research yourself on what symptoms you have play with posiblilities. If you start to bleed more heavily go to er or if you are cramping badly.

Mrsmartell19
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Bleeding with cramps, heavy bleeding even without cramps and especially bleeding with clots should be checked out. These are all dangerous signs.
Light bleeding or spotting without cramps, or slight cramps without bleeding are not such a concern, but should be checked with your doctor on next appointment just in case, and should be checked immediately if it turns into any of the above mentioned things (cramping, heavy bleeding, clotting).
For serious things, don't wait. Get it checked out immediately.
|

replied September 19th, 2005
Anonymous
Bleeding While Pregnant
Hi. We seem to be in the same boat it was my and my husbands first wedding ann on 11th sept 05 and I discovered that I was pregnant too. 4 days later I started bleeding all most like a normal period, but I have no pains. The doctors have taken my bloods twice and my hcg level is rising well. We too didn't know if I was losing this baby or not, with the bleeding. I have heard of spotting and inplantation bleeding but my amount seems to much for those. We to now have our fingers crossed and hope everything works out ok. Good luck x.
|

replied September 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Take It Very Very Easy
Hcg climbing means baby is okay just take it very easy all of you that are bleeding, no sex, no lifting and as much bed rest as possible. Gets bad, heavy bleeding, clotting, bad cramps go to er asap
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Anonymous
Bleeding
Can someone answer me on this? I just came back from getting married. I think I might be pregnant but not sure. The things is I began to bleed for two days only, there werent any cramps but it was thick. I didnt have to change pads often though. Can anyone tell me whats going on? :(
|

replied September 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Bleeding
k. wrote:
can someone answer me on this? I just came back from getting married. I think I might be pregnant but not sure. The things is I began to bleed for two days only, there werent any cramps but it was thick. I didnt have to change pads often though. Can anyone tell me whats going on? :(

im 37 weeks pregnant with what seems to be a very healthy baby. I bled during almost my whole first trimester and a little of my second. It was very scary for me but somehow I guess it was normal. Every pregnancy is different so if u are prego then my advice to you would be not to stress too much and to just take things easy.
|

replied October 6th, 2005
Anonymous
Bleeding While 8 Weeks Pregnant
Hello all.... To read your stories is so helpful in knowing I am not alone. I am 8 weeks pregnant and I started spotting on monday then heavier on tuesday no cramping, clotting, usig about a 2 pads a that day. Wed, the bleeding kind of slacked up, back to spotting. I aam having slight cramps nothing unbearable. I went to the doctor yesterday to have my hcg level checked and I have to go back on friday to have it checked again to see if it's going up. Will my baby be okay??
|

replied October 8th, 2005
Am I Pregnant?
I kinda worried about myself as well...Because my last actual period was aug 22...Then I was like over a week late last month got my period I think anyways on sept 28 n it was kinda light n only lasted a few days then it was gone...Before I got my period I even took a test n it was negative..But the thing is i'm been sick alot lately and and all my friends think I am cuz my belly seems to be getting bigger and I gained like 10 ppounds n the last month..What do u all think
|

replied November 5th, 2005
Bleeding While Pregnant
I am about eleven weeks along. Last night, I discovered brownish bleeding in my underwear. I continued to spot a bit last night and found more bleeding this morning. I went in for a sonogram and ultrasound and the midwife heard a heartbeat. We even got to see the baby kick. She told us the bleeding is likely something to do with the placenta having slightly detached from the uterine wall and will probably clear up in about a week. She advised me to avoid sex, exercise, and heavy lifting until it clears up. I know it’s scary, but don’t jump to any conclusions until you see your doctor.
|

replied November 6th, 2005
Anonymous
Bleeding
Hi all this is my 9 th pregnancy I have 5 kids and have had 2 miscarriages 1 ectopic pregnancy now this one I am 8 weeks along and have had some brown spotting with no clotts no cramping I feel good I have been getting ultra sounds done and the baby is fine I would just like to know if anyone else has bled through their pregnancy and been ok after so many miscarriages I am scare I want this baby so bad.
Please help
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Anonymous
Scared And Alone!!
I'm 6 weeks, have been bleeding, clotting heavily, cramping slightly, for four days now. I have been in and out of the er and docs office all four days. They told me it was a (threatened miscarriage) the bleeding stops for hours then starts again.
They have taking my blood twice and my blood quants are not normal does anyone know if it possible if my baby is going to survive? :cry:
|