Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Clitoris Constantly Throbs

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
A girl had asked about this problem on another message board and no one seems to know what's wrong, so I thought i'd bring it here in hopes that perhaps you guys can help her out.

She says that her clitoris is constantly throbbing and she has a bit of excess discharge. It's not an aroused feeling, but just a pulsing one that's really annoying. I know I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, but it was from wearing jeans that were too tight and they rode up in the front and put pressure on my clitoris and made it throb painfully. But this is not this girl's case. It throbs for no reason, and she says it seems to do it more so when she's angry.

Someone told her that it could be because of her ocd, but I really don't think that obsessive compulsive disorder has any connection with the clitoris.

Any ideas, you guys?

(i know this isn't really sexual health, but I didn't know where else to put it)

Scaredbaka
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well, it really could be some kind of anxiety for her. I mean, she could be so darn frustrated that her clit starts to pulse and feels uncomfortable.
But if she is having excess discharge, she may want to see if she has an infection of some kind.

But, it could seriously be her frustration. Tell her to try to find ways to clear her mind and relax. I know that is very hard to do, but I think it would help her. Also, if she would excercise regularly then she would release a lot of stress/anger and frustration that way and maybe the problem will solve itself.
|

replied September 25th, 2004
Experienced User
I know this reply is a little late but is she on any meds for her ocd? They can sometimes cause a semi-orgasmic feeling which can actually be very annoying.
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Throbbing Clitoris
This is definitely not a mental health issue. There can be real problems causing her throbbing clitoris. Something has caused the nerves to become irritated. Strangely enough, if she has been severely constipated, forcing the feces out can stretch and strain the nerves to her clitoris. She need to have a discussion with her doctor, get checked for stds, etc.
|