Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

White Discoloration In Anus And Vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am a healthy 22 year old female who has discovered about 5 days ago discomfort in my anus. I thought it was a rash due to chafing but while the pain has gone away it is still kind of rough and tender to the touch. My biggest concern is the white discoloration of skin in my anus ( along the cheeks more so near the hole) thats now making its way up my outter vagina walls. It's extremly visable white patches of skin that are flat but definitly not normal I am very worried what this might be can you help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Imperial1
|

replied January 25th, 2005
Me Too
I’m also 22 and I have the same problem. I’m not too sure when it got that way but i’ve also been trying to find out what it is and if it can be treated. The thing that got me upset is my gym don ‘t know what is called all I want is a name. Sorry I couldn’t help. But if you do find any information please tell me I would deeply appreciate it. :cry:
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Hi,
sounds very much (in both cases) as if you have "thrush" (candida or a similar fungal infection). Don`t panic, it`s extremely common and fairly easy to treat.
First stop using soap/bubble bath and any other scented cleansers down there.They make it worse. Next wash the area in salt water only..It`s a natural disinfectant and you`ll find it really calms it down and soothes the itch.. Either throw a good handful in a warm shallow bath or use a clean bowl/bidet etc with warm salty water and bathe the area for at least 5 minutes. Dry gently with a clean towel/tissue.Don`t rub..You`ll damage the skin more. Don`t but creams/ointment on..This just increases the heat/moistness which helps the fungus grow. Instead get some of the talc used for (would you believe!) athletes foot...Its available from most pharmacies.. And very lightly dust the area with that. It contains an antifungal agent that will help. Finally, you can buy a pill at pharmacies which promises to clear thrush in one dose. Only works if you stick to the above hygiene routine as otherwise you`ll tend to get reinfected.
Hope this helps! This is well meant advice only and obviously you should visit your doctor to be checked out if you have any serious worries.
|

replied February 14th, 2008
Symptom update?
My girlfriend has the same symptoms. Did you every find out what it was called and did it go away?
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
Has anyone know what is the medical terms of F.I.A.
I did have a surgery operation for F.I.A. about 26 years ago (as I cannot remember what is the full medical terms). It was a white patch nearby the anus area and was told that if the white patch did not treat, the white patch will go upward to the intestine. As the clinics was closed long time ago and I cannot ask the doctor about it.

I found the white patch at anus area again. What should I do this time?

Has anyone known how to treat? Your professional advice is appreciated. Thanks. 23-03-2009 T C J in UK
|

replied May 26th, 2009
White patches around the anus and vaginal opening
Lichen sclerosus---google it. It is easily diagnosed by your gynecologist. They have to take a small sample and send it to the lab. It is not deadly not cancerous and is treatable with a a prescribed cortizone cream.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
White Patches in Vagina
I have been having the same problem for almost a year now. When I think that its over they come back again. First, they are bumps that do not hurt unless touched and do not hurt when I unrinate. Then they heal into white flat patches and disappear. I apply alcohol and Benadryl every night before I go to sleep. I have also noticed that when I sleep in cotton underware it aggravates them, which forces me to sleep without panties. And at the time when I visited the gynecologist they were not visible.Can someone help?
|

replied February 5th, 2010
white patch
I have the same problem - have a visit with a gynacologist. Any had this treated?
|

replied June 10th, 2010
I have Lichen Sclerosis and you guys sound like you might have it too. It isn't curable but responds very well to topical steroids so don't panic but DO go and see your doctor as soon as possible.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
I'VE JUST RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH LICHEN SCLEROSIS SCARED ME TO DEATH ESPECIALLY WHEN I WENT AND LOOKED IT UP ONLINE I WISH I NEVER DID THAT! IS IT MANAGEABLE IM JUST REALLY WORRIED ABOUT IT
|

replied March 27th, 2011
I'VE JUST RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH LICHEN SCLEROSIS SCARED ME TO DEATH ESPECIALLY WHEN I WENT AND LOOKED IT UP ONLINE I WISH I NEVER DID THAT! IS IT MANAGEABLE IM JUST REALLY WORRIED ABOUT IT
|

replied November 29th, 2010
I noticed 4 days ago a white patch of slightly bumpy skin under my vaginal opening. I went tot he doctors and he perscribed me with a hydrocortisone cream. I have been using it twice a day for 3 days now but i dont see it getting better yet. Should i just be more patient? i was just wondering if that was normal as things like this i think tend to panic people.
I must admit i have still been using a very perfumed and colourd soap, may this be causing the slow recovery?
Thanks
|

replied April 12th, 2011
I am a black female with white discoloration in my vagina area that is spreading. Is this a fungus and the skin will turn black or will it remain discolored. Really self conscious about this and do not want to be seen.
|

replied April 12th, 2011
I am a black female with white discoloration in my vagina area that is spreading. Is this a fungus and the skin will turn black or will it remain discolored. Really self conscious about this and do not want to be seen.
|

replied May 15th, 2011
i have a white spot come up by anus area a few days i go its sore is there any thing i can buy over counter to solve it
|