Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Internal Pain In Right Lower Back (Page 1)

Crying or Very sad I have a shooting pain in my back, but in my lower back, like right above my hip bone. It comes an goes with little to no pattern. I have been to the dotor several times, and I have had cat scans, mri's, urine and blood tests, ultrasounds, and no one can find anything. When I have the pain it lasts for 10 second intervals, then it's gone and will come back throughout the day for about 1-2 weeks. Then its gone for a couple weeks, and starts the cycle over. I have no other symptoms. I'm worried that it is serious and has not been diagnosed right, but have been to 3 doctors about it. I now go to the chiropractor, but it is not bone or muscle pain because I cannot change positions to make it better, nor can I rub it. It is too internal. Help!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper deedee40
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Pain In the Lower Right Back
Hi I display similiar symptoms to you. The area just above the hip bone , the sharp pain comes and goes lasting a few minutes then disappearing. This has been happening daily especially when I sit.
|

replied September 10th, 2007
Re: Internal Pain In Right Lower Back
beckman81 wrote:
Crying or Very sad I have a shooting pain in my back, but in my lower back, like right above my hip bone. It comes an goes with little to no pattern. I have been to the dotor several times, and I have had cat scans, mri's, urine and blood tests, ultrasounds, and no one can find anything. When I have the pain it lasts for 10 second intervals, then it's gone and will come back throughout the day for about 1-2 weeks. Then its gone for a couple weeks, and starts the cycle over. I have no other symptoms. I'm worried that it is serious and has not been diagnosed right, but have been to 3 doctors about it. I now go to the chiropractor, but it is not bone or muscle pain because I cannot change positions to make it better, nor can I rub it. It is too internal. Help!!!!!!
|

replied May 7th, 2011
Back Pain in Lower Back
Here is some useful information http://www.backpainlowerback.co.uk/
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2012
You can check this link as well... some useful information regarding lower back pain on the right side http://lowerbackpainv.net/lower-back-pain- right-side.html
|

replied July 31st, 2012
pain over right hip
Hi,

i am male 29 and suffering from same pain for last 3 weeks.It is a persistent pain with highs when i sit without any support mainly i sit with putting my hips on the floor without any support or i sit on knees.other wise it stays moderate or mild.i drive or sit while wall behind me then its mild.i am realy confused.i had a kidney problem (stone) in the past but that pain was unbearable along with sweats and vormting.
Does any one have clue
|

replied January 9th, 2008
My symptoms are similar:

I'm a 31 year old male. About a month ago, I started getting lower right back pains--deep pains, which are not muscle-based. The pains come and go, ranging in pain-intensity from 1-9. My urine is fine, as are my bowel movements (in the past, I have had pink urine a few times, but this always goes away).

Unlike some of you, I have yet to go to the doctor--I'm setting this up this week (new insurance). The pain can sometimes get so bad that I can't walk, and cripple from the intensity of it.

I think it is a kidney stone/s. I'm a healthy, average weight male, and have never had anything wrong with me in the past.

Advice?
|

replied January 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi

I get this pain and have for many years. I was told it is renal colic which is usually associated with kidney stones but it can occur without stones.

Also some stones don't always show up on a scan depends on the type of stone and scan performed. You could have passed the stone prior to your scan.
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2008
SAME BOAT~
im a 26yr old female- dealing with the same horrible flank pain. i also have had 6 kidney infections in the past 8 months. i have just gotten a ct scan w/ contrast, the dr.called me today to say they found calcifications in the right kidney and a nogule on my adrenal gland. i go friday to find out what is going to be done!! i really dont know what any of that means!
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The calcifications are a sign of kidney stones.

Keep us posted as to the doctors plans for you.

Best of luck to you..I'll keep my fingers crossed..Smile
|

replied March 31st, 2012
So hope you can do this for me!
Wow, could you cross your fingers for me too!?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Hi,
A few years ago i was having a few drinks with my friends at a night club and i fell down the stairs, ever since then i have had the same pain and it is on and off lasting a few days or somtimes up to a few weeks. Im not sure what triggers it but when i went to the doctor he said it could be my sciatic nerve.
|

replied May 7th, 2012
I had this exact thing happen to me. and its been there for 3 years now. have posted something else at the end of the thread.
|

replied January 29th, 2008
i've had kidney stones for the past three years and the pain your describing sounds so familiar...
and butterfly6169 is completely right when said "some stones don't always show up on a scan depends on the type of stone and scan performed"...
i have been to 4 different doctors and i still see all four regularly and they are very good...
i could give you one or two of their names(if you'd like), if pain continues and you still haven't gotten help...
|

replied March 1st, 2008
pressing on low back causes friend to almost pass out
a friend of mine is having discomfort below the last rib on her right side (on her back). when i press on it to see if i feel anything unusual she almost passes out. how strange is this...can anyone shed light on this
|

replied May 21st, 2011
Kidney symptom
How is your friend doing? Was it her kidneys? Please let me know as i am curious. I am curious since i am still learning about high blood sugar and the thinks that can cause kidenys to fail, even if it is not caused by high blood sugar. Thanks looking forward to your post.
|

replied July 26th, 2011
if u hit her back right side or wherever the pain is could be a kidney infection they should not be messed with go see ur doc now
|

replied March 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's very possible her kidney is causing this pain.
Does she have pain or burning with urination? Urinating less?

Does the pain radiate around the front?
|

replied March 2nd, 2008
it does also hurt around front but no pain or infrequent urination. it feels different on the right than on the left, almost harder, and when we press too much she starts to pass out...
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
She should get to the doctor, ask them to do an ultrasound to check the kidneys.
She might have hydronephrosis.
If she is passing out coming close to it, she really should be seen by a doctor.
Please post with an update.
|

replied December 20th, 2009
im a 13 year old male that has this similar back pain but it is not above the hip bone it seem to be beneath it or deeper within my boby.the sharp pain first ocured when i was skating and i triped and as i was falling my back arched backward too far causing this pain ever sice.I tried to limit skating my back has been feeling better but it dose not come and go it stays with every slight movement i make.if any one knows anything plese let me know.help!!!!
|

replied October 15th, 2012
Inside bone pain
My son fell and had pain very similar to yours. He was helping a neighbor catch their dog. After months of pain to where walking was becoming difficult. After testing we realized he had Ewing sarcoma in his hip the accident aggravated it or he might possibly could not be with us today. It can occur in ages of 13 to 19. Get to see a doc its better to be safe then sorry. Let me know...
|

replied January 8th, 2010
groin, side and low back pain. all on right side
Hi, I am a 45 year old female and I also have right side pain above my hip and into my lower back. I also have twingy pain in the area where I think my overies are, at the hip bone level. Anybody else have this.
|

replied July 12th, 2011
Right Lower back pain and Hip
I have~ once so bad I was in the hospital for 3 days but they couldn't find anything.
|

replied November 16th, 2011
Bit of a late reply but I have this pain where my ovaries are, too. I had an ultra-sound and found out that I have a retroverted uterus. You should check with your doctor!
|

replied February 1st, 2010
I'm a 36 year old female with the same pain on my right side,above the hip. I've had an ultrasound where they found a polyp on my galbladder but the Dr. said it doesn't cause pain. He put me on prilosec to see if I have an ulcer but the medicine has made my stomach hurt as well! Now my back is sore....
|

replied February 10th, 2010
Psoas Strain
Hi,

I had very similar problems to beckman81. I moved house and had to change my GP. My new GP diagnosed me with a psoas strain and referred me to a physiotherapist. My pelvis wasn't alined correctly and after intensive therapy it has been realined.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2010
Kidney Pain
I am a 21 year old male. Two years ago, come next month, i began having pain in my right side but not in my back. As the weeks progressed so did my pain. 3 months later i broke my sternum which in turn created multiple kidney stones in both kidneys due to the bone fragments. I had blood in my urine and a kidney infection.
The doctors put me on medicine and told me the stones would pass. The pain decreased slowly within a few months but now its a year later and i still have reoccuring severe pain and its not getting better, however, its not a daily occurance but moreso a weekly thing. The pain is mainly where my kidney(in front/side) is but it is very uncomfortable to lie down so my back is definitely sensitive as well.
As far as the pain goes, its similiar to how the stones felt and it lasts for a few hours but like is said not as frequent.
And my urine is normal as far as i can tell.

Any tips or suggestions?
My apologies for the extended description.
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
I was hospitalized on the 16th jan 2010 with a suspected blocked kidney on my right side , ultrasound scan didn't show anything but had protine in my urine . Was on iv antibiotics for 5 days and iv pain meds for 12 days also showed an infection. I am going for a ct scan next monday and i am still in pain , infact i had to take both strong co-codamol and tramadol this morning as pain is so bad. But when i have mentioned the on going pain to the gp he seems to look at me like i am making it up. I just want this pain to go away.
|

replied February 26th, 2010
@ istanley i am having exactly the same problems that u are and i am scared stiff, i havent gone to see my doctor yet, have you?
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
Check medullary sponge kidneys, its a congenital birth defect of your ureters which are attached to your kidney and carries urine to your bladder. In a normal kidney the big part of the ureter is attached to your kidney and the smaller part is attached to your bladder but with sponge kidneys it is the opposite therefore allowing the urine to pool in the kidney causing bio film infections, kidney stones and swelling of the kidneys.
|
Quick Reply