Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Question About Genitile Warts

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I've been fighting with what I thought was hemorrhoids for about five months now. I went to a doctor clinic a couple months ago, doc took a quick look at them, and prescribed some hemorrhoid suppositories, and cream. I used them religiously for a couple months with no improvement.
So today I decided to go to another doctor a friend recommended. The doctor looked at them, and quickly responded with " that's not hemorrhoids, that's pulips." this would explain why none of the medicine has worked. The only pulips i'm familure with is the ones related to being screened for colon cancer. I asked her if I could be at risk or anything, and she said no. That I have genitile warts. Naturally this leaves me with more questions than answers. I've been in a very long term relationship with my girlfriend, I have been faithful to her, and I have no reason to believe she has not been faithful to me. Neither her nor myself has ever had any warts on are genitiles, except around her eighth month of pregnancy she noticed two small "warts" beside her vagina. She asked her doctor about them, and he said "she had genitile warts, it is common to see them appear in later stages of pregnancy when the mothers immune system isn't it's strongest". He said "chances are they will go away after the baby is born, and we may never see them again". Sure enough, our daughter was born, they went away, and she has had no farther problems since then (about 5 months).
So she gave me genitile warts, I understand that much, but how on earth did I get it on my anus? I have never engaged in anal sex, or anything anal with my girlfriend, or anybody else for that matter. My doctor was asking me a few questions about my sexual practice today. I answered her truthfully, but I dont think she really believed me (how embaressing). I understand they or super contagous. I guess I scratch my butt as much as the next guy, but could that of spread something like this that easy, and if possible should I take extra precaution on not passing this to my daughter when changing diaper, or basic handling of her? Anyhow, I apreciate it if some one could shed some light on how this might of happened. Thanks for any replys. By the way, I originally posted inquiring information on another section of this forum when I was under the impression I had hemorrhoids, sorry for double post.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Flippen,
hpv (genital warts) are only contracted via skin to skin or fluid to fluid contact. Therefore, you do not need to worry about giving them to your daughter. I am not sure how you contracted them on your anus without having sexual contact in that region. Nevertheless you will have hpv always because it is a viral disease. You may not always have visible warts but the virus remains latent within you. It is possible for your daughter to of contracted the virus via the birth canal through delivery. She would of contracted them in her throat most likely and only if your girlfriend had visible warts along her birth canal. You are safe to say that your daughter though, does not have hpv and you also don't need to worry about giving the virus to her.
Hope this helped. Best of luck!
Natalie
|

replied September 7th, 2004
Well my daughter was born through c-section, so I believe she should be safe then. I'm starting to get alittle worried the more people tell me " they dont know how it could of got on my anus" there has got to be some sort of a reasonable explination for how this happened. Confused
|

Experienced User
If any fluid went around the area by touch or skin contact or anything else it could have easily gone to that area without having had anal intercourse. I can't believe a doctor couldn't tell you that. I believe once you have it it can spread to other areas in the genital region when you have active warts. Hope this helped.
|

Actually it did help. I guess it is possible that her female fluid dripped down there during sex. I'm currently treating them with "condylox" prescribed by doctor. I treat twice a day for three days, and discontinue use for four days. Hope this stuff works.. It's expensive as all hell, cost $160 for a super small tube, and it burns like the motha!
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Aldara and Efudex for Genital
I noticed a very small lieson on my penis. I went to a Dermetologist I have seen for 25 years. He told me it was a wart burned it off with CO2 and prescribed Aldara used around the wart to destroy any further liesons growing below the skin. Applied 2 or 3 times a week for a month.

I just found out that Efudex a Chemo Creme applied morning and evening for a minimum of two weeks is having great results. Anyone out there using either medications?
|