Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Picamilon Is a Wonder Supplement For Anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Picamilon is gaba and niacin (b3) fused together in same molecule, which allows gaba to easily pass through the blood-brain barrier, as niacin acts as the carrier (just taking gaba usually doesn't work, since gaba doesn't easily pass through the bb barrier). I saw this info from another board and checked it out. Within a couple days my anxiety went away. Recent evidence suggest that panic disorders and anxiety are from not only a lack of serotonin, but a gaba deficiancy, also. Gaba is a neural inhibitor, so this makes sense. Most anxiety sufferes have an overactive mind and with low gaba levels your brain can't possibly settle down enough to remain calm.

Picamilon is an mao inhibitor, too, so it is effective for depression.

In small doses it produces a sedative effect, but not drowsiness, like valium (btw, valium is a gaba re-uptake inhibitor - that's how it works). In larger doses (200-300mg/day) it energizes you, yet calms you down. Pacamilon is considered a nootropic and will increase cerebral blood flow significantly, so there are cognitive advantages, too. Basically, it's pretty amazing sh*t.

Check out: smart-nutrition.Net for more info.

Do your homework on this, because I believe gaba defficiancies are the missing link in anxiety/panic/depression disorders. If fact, many researchers will now say that it's one of the key neurotransmitters connected to these mental disorders, along with serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. I know gaba played a huge role in my own anxiety and depression.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 7th, 2004
I'm now calling gaba the "overlooked" neurotransmitter. After years of chasing the serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine cause it now has dawned on me that gaba is the key neurotransmitter in anxiety (my anxiety led to depression). It certainly makes sense, since gaba inhibits neural firing and allows the mind to settle down. I was taking sjw, and 5-htp, but now after just a week i'm only taking picamilon and I feel better than ever.

Btw, I did a search on google for ssri and gaba and sure enough I found info that said ssri's increase gaba levels in the brain. That leads me to believe that it's not the serotonin factor that controls panic attacks and anxiety, but rather the gaba increase.
|

replied September 26th, 2004
Picamilon
I have been taking low doses of zoloft and klonopin for 5 years. The combination helps
the sweating and anxiety. I am trying to replace with picamilon. I have been taking picamilon for 1 week 500mg daily. I have noticed a decrease in the anxiety and sweating. How long should I wait before I feel the full effect?
|

replied September 26th, 2004
Is this a prescribed drug? And if so, do many doctors prescribe it? Thanks!
|

replied September 27th, 2004
No, picamilon is an over the counter supplement. It's just gaba and niacin, which gaba is an amino acid and the other is vitamin b3. Check out smart-nutrition.Net if you're interested in purchasing some.
|

replied September 27th, 2004
Experienced User
I just got off paxil, what hell, it took over 2 mos. To be free. They dont tell you that part when its prescribed Twisted Evil I do need some thing. Do you know if its available in canada Question
|

replied January 2nd, 2009
Picamilon in Canada
Hi, I ordered Picamilon from Smart Nutrition in the US and had no problem getting it sent to Canada by ordinary mail. Haven't tried it yet because I've heard it is an MAO inhibitor and am wondering if I have to avoid certain foods while on it?
|

replied January 14th, 2010
picamilon for anxiety attacks?
wish me luck i am about to try picamilon. i also have anxiety attacks, especially during exams and stuff and xanax slows me down so i dont want to take that anymore.

thnx
|

replied September 5th, 2010
GABA and BBB
I hear over and over again that GABA doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and suspect people just say this because that's that they've been feed to believe. The next time any readers of this make this statement, back it up please. My patients who take GABA for anxiety finds it helps them. This is a lesson in think before spewing out facts that you really don't know whether they are true or not.
|

replied October 15th, 2010
Picamilon
Product called Lean Revolution by MSI with a patented form of picmilion in it, the best thing I have ever tried. It's actually sold as a sport supplement for athletes to take before games/workouts. I am a fidgety stress ball that only gets relief by working out, and this absolutely does the trick. Been on all the prescription meds, pretty much all suck except valium and you cant take valium for yrs. 15mins after taking this I am focused, calm, but motivated to do anything, almost tunnel vision type of focus. Love it. Can get it to you if you can't get it, call 214.918.8955. Kevin Note* contains caffeine. Not meant to take before bed. Daytime only.
|

replied February 20th, 2011
Dr Arn's disbelief
Dr Arn, if you were a real doctor you'd know that anecdotal ecidence doesn't count as proof. The only thing that does is peer reviewed research and even then the conclusions reached are often debatable.
Did you know that there are GABA receptors in other areas of the body than the brain? Have you studied the amazing reach of the placebo effect? Do some research on the 3 sunjects I mentioned and then think about your anecdotes again.
|

replied May 28th, 2011
A third-person view
To Healthhead-
While you are certainly correct that this could be a Placebo effect. The entire field of NeuroPharmacology or any BioChemical response to a substance is regarded as the most probable answer to 'why' or 'why not' it produced effects. I do agree that you aren't out of line for remaining skeptical, however CNS (Central Nervous System) effects are without a doubt probable given the likely mechanism of action of that molecule. I'll conclude in an agreement between both viewpoints that perhaps the FDA should do some experimentation; especially given that this is a prescribed antidote for numerous ailments in Russia (the inventing Nation), and their Doctor's and Scientist's are respectably equivalent enough to our own, therefor we should take the findings seriously.
|