Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Length of Surgery

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy next week due to endometrosis and wanted to know how long it usually takes for the hysterectomy??? And then the length of hospital stay usually????

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rcouncil
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Hysto Question
I don't recall how long the surgery took, but it was probably about an hour. They just took my uterus and left my ovaries. In the end, pathology showed that I had adenomyosis...Similar to endometriosis. (neither are pleasant and I understand why you are getting the surgery...You will feel sooooo much better in the long run) anyways, enough rambling: they did mine in the morning and I stayed that night. My husband was wheeling me to the car the next day at noon. Of course you will be very sore, but I healed pretty quickly. P.S. If they give you pain meds, which they probably will, do not do too much too quickly just b/c you feel good while on the pain med. You will pay for it for days afterwords. Just be a good girl and let yourself heal. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be glad to share. Jenn
|

replied September 9th, 2004
My surgery was performed on sept. 10 of this year. It took about an hour. I was released on the afternoon of the 12th. My surgery went well, thank god, and i've already had my 2-week followup. My surgery was needed because I had fibroid tumors that were pretty big -- the size of a grapefruit. Once your surgery is done, you'll feel so much better. The main thing is the soreness in the incision site, but that gradually gets less sore as the weeks go by. Hope i've answered your questions!
|

replied February 24th, 2011
Hysterectomy surgery
I will be flying to have a Hysto and I wanted to know if I will be able to walk through the airport after I am released from the hospital? Or do I need to arrange for a wheel chair?
|
Quick Reply