Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Bumps On Butt

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Ok, kinda a embarssing question, but this has been going on for a while.

My ass is nasty. Ill say that straight up. Its coverd in these red raised bumps, and no matter what I do, they wont go away. They arent zits, cause zits dont look like that. The wierd thing is, I think they are the same !**@! I got on my upper arms, and back of my neck. Red raised bumps.

Any ideas on what I can do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2004
Experienced User
It is most likely folliculitis.

The link below may help you confirm or discount this possibility

http://dermnetnz.Org/acne/folliculitis.Htm l

mike
|

replied August 30th, 2004
Ya, I think thats it, but I don thave it htat severe yet!@

what can I do to stop it?
|

replied August 30th, 2004
Experienced User
The link shows folliculitis at its worse so yes it is unlikely you are at the same point with your problem.

Normal medical treatment would be to prescribe a topical antibiotic lotion combined with a course of oral antibioitics in some cases.

Often external acne medications (clindamycin) content are used to treat folliculitis, your md/gp is best placed to advise on this subject.

Outside of medicine you should do the following:

1. Keep the infected areas clean and dry, using an antibacterial wash or an antibacterial soap can be very helpful. But the soap and/or wash must remain on the skin for 60 seconds or more to be effective.

2. Areas such as the buttocks and upper legs that can get very moist in humid climates or during exercise can be helped by using a corn starch based powder, which does not clump together like ordinary powders.

3. When the area settles a little using a skin softening cream or lotion helps.

Mike
|

replied August 31st, 2004
Experienced User
Hmm, the link that mike101 enclosed doesn't seem to be working.

But I too had red rasied bumps on my arse, right underneath...So sitting was very painful. I thought it was acne, because I know sometimes I get the occasional blemish down there, but these were huge. They weren't all over, but they were very large. They appeared to be filled with fluid. I found out that they were boils. Numerous failed attempts at popping them led me to simply let them heal on their own. It took about a month, but they went away.

Areas that are prone to excessive sweating are good targets for ace. I asked a question in this very forum concerning acne under my armpits, and someone suggested it could be that folliculitis. I suppose it depends on how big these bumps of yours are. Mine were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Maybe I can try to help ya from there, if you still seek help that is. ^-^

if not, then keep us updated on the condition and whether or not it seems to be healing, or if you seek the advice of a dermatologist. I wish you good health, and a bump-free patoot too :3

Scaredbaka - can sit down painlessly
|