Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Hairline Scar Suffered From Car Accident

I have a long and pretty wide hairline scar going all the way across the top of my head because of an auto accident i've gotten into. I had multiple facial fractures so they had to make an incision all the way around the top of my head to repair the facial fractures. Now I have a scar about 1/4" wide, and I also had 3 surgeries to try to close it. It does close up after surgery but while its healing it opens up again. Anything else that can possibly be done? Any helpful answers is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Hi there. I used to be an assistant for Dr. Carl shory at latham's hair clinic. They are located in birmingham and huntsville alabama. They have had several famous clientele, and for the period that I worked there, I saw why. I assisted in a surgery where a 16 year old girl had a chemical burn on her scalp. (it was pretty bad) Dr. Shory had reccommended that the girl let the burn heal first, and form a scar. When she came in, we all suited up and I sterilized her head with phisoderm shampoo. (it is a very sterile invironment) Dr. Shory then injected small numbing injections in and around the area to be worked on. (this was while the patient was watching a movie!!) the dr then cut the area out that would not regrow hair and sewed the area up in a way that there is not a scar. (i think he understiched-if that is a word) in a couple of weeks, we removed her sutures and you would have never known that anything had happened to her! She was a very happy camper.

I personally would reccommend them to my own family...And Dr. Shory is one of the most talented, interesting, and sweet men I have ever met!

|

replied November 16th, 2009
question
I have a similiar scar across my head 1/8 of inch across my head, and itches like crazy, does an operation like could it be put as medical expensive or cosmetic surgery, and how much does something like this cost?
|

replied November 19th, 2009
I have big forehead
I have big forehead and i would like to know if there is some way to make it smaller by surgery and how much would it cost.
|