Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pregnant With 3rd Child And Angry

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Im 23 years old and due to have my third (and last)child in 3 weeks. Im so very angry and disappointed with every physician I have come in contact with since the birth of my first child. My previous deliveries were both vaginal and this one will be as well. I havent felt normal vaginally since giving birth to my first child, and have often felt that I have a rectocele, although I have a very difficult time getting any Dr. To take me seriously. I am repeatedly told that there is no prolapse present(although I have seen it with my own eyes with a handheld mirror) and that this is an "older ladies' problem". Im so pissed and insulted. Im a nurse and am quite aware of the anatomy and structure of the female vagina, especially my own. I just dont know what to do, im at my wits end! Sometimes I feel so depressed and ashamed. I tried to talk my Dr. Into doing an elective c.S. On me, but he refuses. I have every single symptom of rectocele, including having to perform manual evacuation with a b.M. And a constant feeling of something falling out of my vagina. This is all very humuliating to a 23 year old and really, a death sentence for my self-esteem, dignity, and sex life with my husband. Im going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life, and I cant find a decent Dr. Who will even try to help me. Does anyone have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wow!I'd be pissed too if the docs were not listening to me.Having a prolapsed uterus is not just an old lady thing!Are you limited by insurance coverage?If not ,try to get in with the ob/gyn with the best reputation in your area after you deliver and see what options are available to you.I hate docs who won't see past their own egos!!Grrrrrrr!Best of luck to you.Patty
|
Did you find this post helpful?