Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Ultrasound

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
How many times should a pregnant woman go to ultrasound to be sure that the baby is all right? I know that ultrasound is not really healthy but how many times is and how many times is enough to be sure your baby is not sick or anythink? I'm now in 14 week of my pregnancy, I was once on ultrasound when I was 10 weeks pregnant, everythink was ok. When should I go next time? My doc said that we will do another one in 7. Month or 8. If their will be no necessary earlier. What necessary he means?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Ultrasound
I did one at 10 weeks i'll do one at 5 months one at 7 and probably one right b4 sound good? And i'm all healthy
|

replied August 27th, 2004
Experienced User
With a healthy pregnancy, you could only get 2. That's all I got. One to confirm my pregnancy, and one at 34 weeks. So what your saying sounds right to me. The "necessary" would mean if they find anything that worries them or if any tests come back wrong, or fetal movements are down...Hope I helped Smile
|

replied August 28th, 2004
Thanks a Lot
freemanashley wrote:
with a healthy pregnancy, you could only get 2. That's all I got. One to confirm my pregnancy, and one at 34 weeks. So what your saying sounds right to me. The "necessary" would mean if they find anything that worries them or if any tests come back wrong, or fetal movements are down...Hope I helped Smile

thanks a lot!
|

replied August 30th, 2004
Experienced User
I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and I had 1 on week 9 to cofirm pregnancy and one at week 14 for the doctor to play around and show us the baby again and in 2 days at week 17 and 4 days I will have a level ii ultrasound. They put me in highrisk so they just want to make sure everything is ok. I am not worried though.

Good luck to you.
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What makes you think ultrasounds aren't healthy? As far as I know, they have never found anything about u/s being harmful. They are just sound waves...
|