Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Clitoral Itching

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have been itching near the top of my clitoral hood on and off for several months, lasting for a day or 2 at a time. I haven't had much discharge, but occasinally there's small, white-headed bumps around my vaginal lips. Can anyone tell me where I should start with treating this? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tonks
|

replied August 26th, 2004
You should go to the doctors. You might have a yeast infection or some kind of infection.
|

replied August 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
If it comes and goes then it is most likely not a yeast infection. It may be an std by the description you gave. Definately get to your doctor asap!
|

replied August 27th, 2004
Sounds like hpv... Check with your obgyn
|

replied August 31st, 2004
Experienced User
I tmight be what you are eatting.... Do you eat a lot of sweet stuff candy ?
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Does the skin on your clitoral hood ever look white or feel like the skin is hardened? If so you could have lichen sclerosus. I have it and it's an autoimmune disease and there is no cure, you have to use creams to keep it from flaring up. The most usual place for it is on the clitoral hood or right under the clitoris, mine is in both places. And it mainly itches really bad and also hurts sometimes. Ask your doctor, they will probably do a biopsy of it to see what's going on.

Melissa
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
If the bumps come and go it could be genital herpes, not a big deal and very controllable, I have a few friends with the virus and they use the medication that stops the symptoms and also reduces the rate of passing the virus on to your partner.
|

replied April 25th, 2010
I have a slight discharge and it began soon after taking Nexium. Could the acid reducer be reducing "good acid" in my system? I am not sexually active so it shouldn''t be any STD as mentioned above for another. The discharge is not form my vagina, but from my clitoris. It is just slightly itchy and a little engorged. It''s sort of embarrassing to talk to my Gastro doc about it.
|