Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Diarrhea For a Month

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
My husband has had diarrhea for over a month, the doctor has had him on imodal, bentyl and a antibiotic . He has no pain or any other symptoms except when he eats he gets diarrhea, sometimes 20 or 30 times a day.
Going back to doctor tomorrow. I'm afraid my husband has cancer!
Just feeling really scared. Thanks Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wow,a month of diarrhea!There could be other things besides cancer that can cause diarrhea.Hope the doctor has some help for him.Good luck to both of you.Patty
|

replied August 25th, 2004
I have diarrhea just about every day. Sometimes even if I don't eat I do. It scares me sometime. My mother is a nurse and doesn't seemed to concerned. She said my father's stomach used to cramp up for no reason and he would get diarrhea. Some people just have unsettled stomachs.

|

replied August 26th, 2004
Experienced User
It could be ibs irritable bowel syndrome
|

replied October 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Could be colitis.
|

replied October 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Or even crohns disease
|

replied November 20th, 2004
Over the last 6 months i've had diarrhea, or atleast a stomach ache that feels like it, at least every other day. When you find out what your husband has, please post. Good luck with it.
|

replied November 21st, 2004
Do u have a pet dog?
If so does ur husband let the dog lick him.
This can cause severe diahorea constantly.
|

replied January 14th, 2012
omg r u retarded, do know by experience????
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
In 20yrs time when you're an adult you may stumble across this message of yours and laugh about how retarded and unworldly you were dehja.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
diarrhea and gas for 5 weeks
I have had diarrhea and gas for over a month as well. I tried taking herbs and just hoped that it would 'pass'. Since it hasn't I hae just started taking Dicyclomine. I don't like taking meds and don't like the side effects, but thought I would at least try before going in to see the doctor. I am in no pain - strangest thing... Has anyone else exprienced something similar?
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Heh...
I've been dealing with something similar over the last several weeks. Not to the same degree as your husband, certainly not 20 to 30 times a day. ...but I'd say over the last 2 months or so, 80% of my bowel movements have been in the form of diarrhea. I haven't had very many solid bowel movements. Even if I don't eat, there's a chance I'll have diarrhea. I don't eat very healthy and I've had a history of gastrointestinal issues since I was probably 8 or 9 years old... I'm almost 25 now.

I'm not sure where the problem really comes from. In addition to the history of issues, I also have anxiety issues and also developed some sort of acid reflux problem too.

Which brings me to another weird issue I've noticed since it happened for the third time about two mornings ago.

I've never really been one to get sick or throw up from being sick, at least not often. Maybe like once a year. ...but for the third time in maybe 2-3 months, I've thrown up after eating pizza. The first two times it wasn't long after. This time I was asleep and woke up with the urge to vomit, ran to the bathroom and let loose.

I know my insides are banged up pretty bad... and there's a history of colon cancer and such in the family...

I haven't been to a doctor for it in years, not too sure I intend too either. Unless it happens to get drastically worse later this year.
|

replied May 27th, 2012
You should look into Celiac - all of your symptoms could be explained this way.
|

replied March 7th, 2009
In response to above statement...
The first paragraph sounds familiar except for the last sentence.Years ago I was also diagnosed with IBS.
I'm 54 and the mother of 6 boys.I have had a lot of stress these last 5 years.I'm wondering if not enough fiber in my diet is screwing with my system. PLEASE help me!!!
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
To Cranky Tummy and Diarrhea for a month
I have been having the same issue of having non stop diarrhea for a month. I have also been finding it very hard to keep stuff down. Since yesterday I cannot even drink water without throwing it up. Which this risks dehydration. When I was very young I actually had acid reflux so I am used to the throwing up. Surprisingly with the acid reflux when i continuously took pepcid AC everyday it helped my symptoms subside. Before that I went through a lot of tests which one of those included surgery. It may seem too simple and you may have a completely different case than me but maybe you should console your doctor and try it. Also my aunt had the same Diarrhea problem and she went on a Gluten free diet. This cleared it up and she is feeling a lot betterIt may not look or be very tasty but the results were good for her. This is probably what I will try if my doctor agrees.

P.S. Make sure you check with your doctor before doing anything they may have something different to suggest. Good Luck to all of ya'll and remember your not alone.
|

replied March 10th, 2010
I too have been suffering for four days now but my doctor's office told me to eat Yogurt with pro biotic in it. I did and so far so good. It's been four hours and the most I've done is pass gas. Thank the lord and lets hope this works. They also said there are pro biotic pills you can take if you don't like yogurt. My thoughts are the yogurt is probably cheaper. Good luck.
|

replied August 20th, 2010
diarreha - change your diet
I've had this problem for years, it comes and goes. I think bodies just get overwhelmed and need a break.

Just stop eating yeast, gluten and sugar and anything with chemical additives and preservatives for a couple weeks, and take live acidopholous powder - 2 capsules 3 times a day. Most yogurt has so much sugar in it that it pretty much overrides the probiotics.

What no bread? What's left to eat? Here's an example.

Have some gluten free cereal (Rice crispies) or real oatmeal (not instant - that has a bunch of chemicals) with almond milk (unsweetened) and fruit for breakfast, For lunch stick with something like non-dairy, non noodly soup (like vegetable or chicken rice) gluten free noodles with tomato sauce, and a simple piece of meat or fish with a potato and any vegetables with a bit of butter or olive oil (not margerine - more chemicals!) for supper. Snack could be rice cakes with natural peanut butter, fruit (make frozen fruit bars), air popped popcorn (not microwave). Lots of 'real' Vietnamese or Thai food is naturally gluten and dairy free and flavourful for quick takeout. Creamy rice pudding made with coconut milk is great too.

After I eat like this for a couple weeks, my body always settles way down and I can tolerate more variety.
|

replied August 24th, 2010
seriously get upper gastro intestinal endoscopy done!!

u might be infected with helibacter pylori !!!

i also have quite interesting problem plzz see and suggest
http://ehealthforum.com/health/antral-gast ritis-plzz-see-the-topic-t244358.html
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Could be due to a sensitive stomach or h. pylori. Suggest he goes for a h.pylori test immediately to confirm if he is not comfortable to do an endoscopy.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
i am suffering from diarryha last two month and loss weight 8kg.how i can gain my weight
|