Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Inner Ears Itch Like Crazy

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
For about 5 years now, the inside of my ears have itched like no one's business. Everything from bobby pins to paper clips to pen caps to screwdrivers have found their way into my ears to provide relief when my stubby fingernails couldn't.

I did have an ear infection about a year ago, but it's gone.

Does anyone know what could be causing my itchy ears now?

I'm really curious, because sometimes I scratch so hard that I break the skin.

Scaredbaka - wonders if she picked up ear mites from her cats x)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper teatreeoil
|

replied October 31st, 2004
Inner Ear Itch
I also have itchy ears. Told it is allergy by my doctor. Try cutting out peanuts and seafood and do not put anything down there! Try a hot rag to ease the pain...
|

replied March 16th, 2005
Inner Ear Itch
You have a candida overgrowth or fungal infection.
Check with your doctor on medication to take. I tried
alternative for years and only meds cleared it up. Many
doctors labeled it psoriasis and other skin disorders as
i had a scalp issue and rectal itch also. Only the dose
of 400mg of ketoconizale cleared it all up.
Additionally, you must change lifestyle. No sugar in diet
(including substitutes or any type of soda), lots of fresh
fruits and veggies. And daily exercise -4 to 5 times weekly.
Lots of water - 8 glasses, 8 ounzes daily. No alcohol.
Good luck
|

replied July 25th, 2010
Try TEA TREE OIL for itchy ears
TEA TREE OIL helped me greatly . Wash hands and dry with clean towel . Put a few drops on finger tip and put into ear. If infection is too deep inside ear you may have to put 2 to 3 drops into ear . Can cause "blocked ear " for a little while but it does work. And blocked ear soon goes away ... itching vanishes almost immediately. TEA TREE OIL can be found in a good health shop .

BRIA ointment does not cause the flakiness that Teat Tree Oil produces .
|

replied September 21st, 2012
inner ear itch
My inner ears have always itched my whole life (29 yrs old now) this is not great advice but I LOVE LOVE IT! I have a neck vibrator and when it itches I use it on my ear...not very good I'm guessing for the delicate inners of the ear but it helps tremendously! It's not my skin its something way deep maybe behind the ear drum I'm guessing..anyways, not saying its good for you but it feels good lol!
|

replied September 21st, 2012
Have had that problem off and on my whole life. My doctor said it was allergy and gave me a cream that you apply behind the ear. Dont work right away but it does work if it isallergys. You will have to ask your doctor about it as i cant remember what it is called because i dont use it every day anymore.
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2012
Quick relieving treatment......put 2-3 drops of white vinegar into your ear. Make sure you keep your head tilted long enough for it to get down into ear. ( I gently pull on earlobe to open ear canal to let the white vinegar get in deep into ear.) Then place half of a cotton ball into ear to keep vinegar from dripping out. You should feel immediate relief. Do this for about a week. Sounds like fungi or bacterial is in your ear. Mine was mold growing on eardrum, waxed grew attached to the fungi and could not hear until the Doctor very, very gently removed it. Had a biopsy done on it, and it was mold. Now, when my ear starts itching, drops of vinegar go in. Instant relief....hope this helps. Smile
|