Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Cramps....

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I've been getting these weird cramps lately. They seem too high to be my uterus, because my uterus is only supposed to be around my belly button and the cramps are up right below my sternum. It kind of feels like my diaphragm or something. I called my doc and she said take a pepcid like it was heartburn or something! I told her it wasn't heartburn, it was a cramp, because I can lean back and stretch them out, but she said yeah sometimes heartburn feels like that!

What tha he||?

Well tru is still moving around in there so she's ok at least!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well that sounds weird. Maybe take a pepcid anyways. I havent gotten any cramps like that. Just in my hips. Oh yeah and my left butt cheek cramps alot! Lol. Well as long as tru is moving thats good.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They come and go. They are definitely cramps... I can feel that it is definitely a muscle that is tightening. I just had one that hurt... They haven't hurt before.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh it must the muscles stretching!!! I know, I had them. I remember now. Ok when im sitting for a long time and I get up-it tightens like a cramp and im like aaahhh!!! And then after a bit it goes away. Then it cramps up again and I feel like a weirdo cuz it makes me walk funny lol. Its stretching though. I read it on babycenter.Com they said your stomach is getting bigger (which yours is) and your muscles have to stretch out so it cramps up. Youll be fine, but they will come and go alot
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Yup, i'm sure it's just things stretching! I think you are ok!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
So its like a charlie horse for your tummy?!?! Thats crap!!!! Mad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Bah.
|