Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Milk And Its Effect On Teeth

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
My aunt told my mom that I need to drink at least 2 glasses of milk a day, or else my teeth will rot.

I like milk, but the kind my mom gets is that vitamin d milk that's high in fat and saturated fat, which is why I don't like drinking it. She refuses to buy skim, 1%, or 2% milk.

Will one's teeth rot if they don't take in milk daily?

Scaredbaka - has considered becoming a vegan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
No your teeth will not rot if you don't drink two glasses of milk everyday. For goodness sakes!Lol. You do need to make sure that you get enough calcium, but calcium is in other things not just milk. Milk is good for you don't get me wrong. Maybe you could ask your mom to buy some 2% or something?
|

replied August 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Once your teeth have formed,milk has little to no impact.Like hot said,calcium can be had through supplements.You do need calcium,not nessasarily from milk.Many foods have calcium.Broccoli,spinach and other leafy greens,almonds are also a good source.You do need calcium to prevent osteoporosis later on.You start to loose bone mass in your thirties and should get at least 1200 mg of calcium a day.
|