Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Cholesterol Deposits On Eyes? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi all can anybody out there help me plsss. I have cholesterol deposits on my eyes, one on each eye. Is there anything I can do myself to remove these? I know I need to lower my cholesterol, my doctor tells me every visit,and I am trying and making some improvements. But these are unslightly, and I just want them gone. So any help greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper alibisnlies69
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Ask your doctor to prescribe you something like lipitor, or maybe you could try eating garlic. I believe there is also a no-smell pill thats give the same benefits as garlic, I think its called garlique.
|

replied June 2nd, 2005
Lower Cholesterol Naturally
There are many natural alternatives/supplements that can help to lower cholesterol. Some of these are reportedly more effective in lowering cholesterol than prescription medications, without the dangerous side effects

these include: guggul, policosanol, red yeast rice, pantethine etc. In addition there are at least another 30 natural supplements that can help to lower cholesterol. Hope that helps.

All the best

ramzi
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Aged Garlic to Lower Cholesterol!
Did you know that one of the most important health benefits of garlic is
lowering cholesterol!?
Aged garlic is the extract of fresh, whole garlic aged in alcohol. It contains all of the natural goodness from whole fresh garlic, and if administered correctly, without the unpleasant aftertaste or odor!

I have some pages that sell aged garlic:

straussheartdrops
garlicure

try it!!!

|

replied October 27th, 2005
Cholesterol Deposit On the Eye:
I was wondering about my husband, he has one on top of one eye - I do not know what it is but is a small oblong shape and little puffed up skin colour depoit on his eye - is this the kind of deposit u are talking about??? I would really appreciate your feed back
|

replied March 15th, 2012
cholestrol deposits
yes i had them now for few years they look terrible my cholestrol is under control but the marks are terrible i hate them i am going to try preperation H it shrinks hemroids maybe it will shrink these good luck
michelle aubin
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Cholesterol Deposits On Eyes
I have cholesterol deposits over my eyes how do I get them off.
|

replied January 18th, 2006
Cholestoral Deposits On Eyes
Hi
i too have deposits on my eyes which I was told was down to high cholestoral I did a search on google images and found out they are actually called "xanthelasma" they can grow quite large and as far as I am aware they can be removed by laser not very nice are they?
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Medical Treatment of Lesions Did Not Help!
I have the cholesterol deposits under both eyes as well - got them about 4 years ago - went to a plastic surgeon who diagnosed it - had my cholesterol checked and it was within normal limits....He burned them off - had a small scar which was easy to cover up -- looked great for about 1 year - but they came back with a vengence! I am under 50 - hate them! But - I was informed by family that my grandmother had them as well... According to my doctor - burning them off - lasering them off - or surgically cutting them out (which isn't really an option - there isn't enuff skin left to make the eye-cheek look normal) are the only options. They do not go away on their own. Since cholestrol limits are normal - it isn't a matter of cutting cholesterol either...They've made for some interesting comments and conversations... Most i'd almostly certainly love to live without! :|
|

replied February 6th, 2006
All Natural .... Lowered Cholesterol
I lowered my cholesterol by 50 points in six months. I am very against taking any drugs like lipitor for lower cholest. Especially since I am only 30. My holistic doctor recommended fresh barley grass, pi-mag water abd ciaga..All natural supplements made by this wellness compnay from japan. Sure enough, after taking these supplements and drinking the water from my new pi mag water filtration system my level went from 250 to 195 in 6 months...Simply amazing!
|

replied May 27th, 2006
Re: Cholesterol Deposits On Eyes?
alibisnlies69 wrote:
hi all can anybody out there help me plsss. I have cholesterol deposits on my eyes, one on each eye. Is there anything I can do myself to remove these? I know I need to lower my cholesterol, my doctor tells me every visit,and I am trying and making some improvements. But these are unslightly, and I just want them gone. So any help greatly appreciated.

i also have these pockets. I do not have high colesterol though. I have one on each eye. It has been 7 years since i've had them. I'm having surgery on the 23rd to have them removed. I'm trying to find someone who has had the surgery to let me know about it.
|

replied January 10th, 2007
I am 27 yrs old and I too got many cholesterol deposits around both my eyes, both upper and lower lids.
I start getting it when I was 10 yrs old. At first I don't know what are those things.... Until my doctor told me they are cholesterol deposits and they can only be removed by laser or surgery. I thought they are acne or oil puffs caused by dirty or oily complexion. Confused
I got many of those ugly puffs around my eyes... .... Really ugly.... I want to get rid of them.
Would it be costly to do the laser or surgery? Will it bring negative effect to eyes?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2007
Cholesterol Treatment!
General causes of high cholesterol are diabetes and hypothyroidism, and diet. Being overweight, smoking, not exercising, and eating a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol can cause high ldl, low hdl, and increased triglycerides.
By changing lifestyle and taking medicines one can treat the high cholesterol. Lifestyle change may include modifying your diet, quitting smoking, losing weight, and exercising.
|

replied January 28th, 2008
cholestroldeposits on upper and lower eyelids
Hi,
I have had my cholestrol deposits on my eyelids for around for years.
It is a waste of time having surgery - mine came back within 3months and were worse than ever. Laser treatment would be exactly the same. It is nothing to do with wether you have high cholestrol so don't even go there. Stick to alternatives and if you find one that works please do let me know.
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Re: Cholesterol Treatment!
medical wrote:
eating a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol can cause high ldl, low hdl, and increased triglycerides.

Actually, there is strong evidence that high carb diets raise triglycerides and lower HDL.

RM Krauss has done some great work in this area. Google "Krauss carbohydrates" for studies. Pubmed.com is a great site to review research.
|

replied February 5th, 2009
professional extractions helpful but risky
I am an esthetician and had a client come in today with what I was certain were cholesterol deposits around the eyelids. One in particular had gotten very large. The primary reason for her facial was to see if I could remove them by extractions. I did end up removing it with a lancet but it wasn't easy and could have been very traumatic to the skin. I am letting all of you know that an esthetician will remove them if you insist, but just be sure she has plenty of experience. If your skin has small capillaries close to the surface, this option is not for you, as it will burst these capillaries, bruise, and will most likely come back. My case today was successful!
|

replied April 25th, 2009
Cholesterol Deposits On Eyes
I also have two on my eye lids, and one of my sisters told me that she change her diet and they went away.
has anyone else had this same experence or results by changing their diet??????
|

replied February 3rd, 2010
Are they on the eyeball itself? I have yellow/orange blobs on my eyeballs, one on each, and was told that this was a cholesterol problem. I too am wanting to get rid of these unsightly deposits.
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Optical Cholesterol
Hey, you're not all talking about the same thing. One is on the actual eyeball. I have always had this even when my cholesterol levels are normal. One small bump on each eyeball between the inside corner and the iris. Not too noticeable to other people as they are the same general color as the surrounding (white) area.
Others are talking about growths on the eyelids, don't get them confused.
|

replied March 24th, 2010
Cholesterol
Yup, drinking beer, smoking, not excercising, family history with cholesterol levels will bring deposits in your arteries. Reducing red meat and eating more vegetarion especially Tofu may help. Garlic is good. No butter and reduced fat milk. Also you want to see if you have cholesterol and fat build up in your arteries in conjunction with gum disease, as this will increase likelyhood of stroke (if theories are right) see http://www.perio.org/consumer/mbc.heart.ht m basically you have to keep a Lifestyle Change going. We have access to too much food and booze/cigs and no excercise -- so what do you expect!
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
hi to all of you

i now have them on both under my eyes skin had a sergery while it was only on one side and it came back again within months so really im at a dead end
im off to have a blood test today
|
12 >>