Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Ok Ladies

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I woke up this morning and my stomach was stiff as could be and really hurt to touch it, so right away I went in the shower to see if that would ease up the pain but I started having contractions in the shower that would literally knock the wind outa me. As the day went on i've been having contractions on and off but not in a pattern, but I have been having really bad lower back pain and alot of pressure down there. I started walking up and down the hallway of the house and I would start to get contractions while walking, I kept walking to hopefully start labor. After awhile I gave up and went in my room and rested, ive been really exhausted today for some reason. Around 2:20 ryan and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood and climbed hills etc. As we were walking my lower back pain got really bad and intense to the point I was squeezing ryans hand really super hard. As I was gettin the lower back pain I could feel soooo much more pressure of the baby. It literally felt like I was gonna fall over. I started having contractions while walking and walking back to the house. Since we have been home nothing has eased up. It literally feels like she is gonna fall outa me, I can feel it in my thighs, my pelvic area, my lower back, and my stomach. She hasnt been moving I have noticed that. And I know in the 9th month you can barelly feel the baby but I dont even get 6-10kicks in an hour and my doc told me to watch for that. I have also been loosing alot more mucus(sorry tmi) and my doc said thats because im dialating more. Well if thats the case I gotta be like 4cm by now. Could labor be starting and thats why im feeling all this right now? Should I wait until my water breaks to go in? Any input would be great. O yea also yesturday when I woke up I felt like I was getting my period because my body was all achy and crampy in my stomach area. I think its because labor is starting but I dont know. If yall could give me your input that would be great. Thanks a bunch.
~heather ryan and mackenzie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Huni, I personally would not wait. I'd put a call in to the doc. Tell him/her you are going to the hosp. And then get there and refuse to leave. It's gonn happen soon huni! I'd go.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Hun, I think you should go in! And like chanda said, refuse to leave!! Sounds serious.

Stacey
|

Extremely eHealthy
Now that its an hour later the back pain is still here and my thighs feel like they are gonna colapse(sp?) on me. Im gonna see how I feel later on but if I still dont feel good and my thighs,pelvic area, and everything else still feel the same ill call the hospital labor and delivery and see what they say. If I should come in or not. I think mackenzie is coming either tonight or tomorrow. Ryan keeps sayin shes comin on his bday and thats tomorrow so who knows we'll see. For the past hour ive been laying down and my stomach just doesnt feel right...Somethin doesnt feel right period today.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh gosh i'm no expert but i'd say she'll be out very soon! It'd be so nice if you had her on his birthday :d go into the hospital if your symptoms get stronger
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hun go in!!!!!! Ur back pain is mots likely back labour and if ur feeling contrations that bad they should admit you. Like, jezuz look how many days uve been puttin p with these rough contractions?? They should induce u already... Its just gettin stupid! Go down and yell at them that ur gonna go sit in one of the hospital beds and ur not leaving until u hold your baby! Lol!

Shauna
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Heather.....Go!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Im still home. Contractions have died down but the back pain has gotten worse and is constant. I dont feel to good so we'll see what happens. The night isnt over just yet. If we end up going in and havin our lil one ryan will call chanda and let her know to let yall know. If I dont go into labor I have a doc appointment on tuesday and hopefully we'll find somethin out then. Im praying that im dialated more and send me to the hospital!! Im sick of being in pain and being all crabby. I cant sleep at night because im way to hot and in pain and when I do fall asleep I gotta pee. It sucks a$$. So pray that we either go in before tuesday or they send us in on tuesday lol. Im praying trust me!! By the way she still is not moving as much as she usually does so I dunno. Maybe shes bein lazy? I dunno that or restin for the big day of her arrival.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sweetheart, you really should call your doctor. There is a possibility that maybe the contractions are slowing her heart rate and thats why she isnt moving. Call your doc and tell him/her and see what they say.
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Huni, you aren't doing this safely. Now..... Remember how we did this last time don't you. Either you call heather, or i'll call and tell you what they said. Either way....... Better safe than sorry. Don't put the baby at risk huni!
|

replied August 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I called the dr this morning because I woke up at 3 having really bad contractions and they ended up being 5mins apart then 10mins apart around 4am. I was up until 6am with contractions and really bad lower back pain. I called my dr this morning and told her im coming in today so my appointment is at 1:40pm. Ive been leaking some type of fluid today because my underwear are damp, so im thinking my water has a leak? I dunno I hope so!! Mackenzie has been moving a lil bit today but nothing like she usually does so we'll see what happens at the doc today. Im having really bad lower back pain still but contractions arent in a pattern anymore. Ill keep yall informed when I get back. Wish us luck!! Maybe/hopefully my doc will just let me go in today and have her!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey heather its time to get her out of there! Do some jumping jacks or something! (jk) you're next on the countdown!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol the other day I tried running around the house but I tore a tendin in my thigh! Lol it sucked and that didnt even bring on labor. We tried everything and I mean everything, sex doesnt even work! The walk yesturday seemed to help so hopefully today will be the day since its ryan's bday. Thats what he wants for his bday is his baby girl to come out Smile so im hopin I can give that to him.
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Tell ryan to call me as soon as something happens!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes ma'am. Lol well we are leavin here now to go to the doc. I keep having contraction so hopefully theyll keep comin' they hurt now so im hopin this is it..We'll call ya chanda if somethin happens
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Alright hun
|