Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Help Me With Vas Reversal Info

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
Confused Good evening everyone,
i am a 35 year-old male and I just had a vasectomy reversal on monday (aug 9, 2004). My wife and I are very concerned because the area of the penis and scrotum is very blue/ purple. We expected some discoloration and swelling but this seems a little "excess". Any suggestions out there from anyone who has experienced the same?
Thanks much,
frustrated!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, I don't have any experience yet. My husband and I are looking into vas, and I have a lot of questions. We've had 2 surprise babies, back to back and I can't take another surprise anytime soon. First time was nfp and second time an iud. I am 25 and my husband is 32. I feel that I will want more children in the future and was wondering the stats on vas reversal. Would you mind telling me your experience. Like why you had a vas and what you know about reversal.
|

Hey there,
well all I can do is tell you the story behind our reversal. We have three beautiful children and decided that was a good number. I always knew in my heart I wanted more but we thought if we had to we could adopt. That was not the avenue we ended up taking. After about 2 years of contemplating we decided to have the reversal. We actually flew to florida and used a well known surgeon. However, as with all surgeries there are risks involved. This procedure was supposed to be no problem with minimal discomfort/complications. We were told that it was a little worse than a vasectomy but that's it. Not so in our case, after nearly 4 months my husband has finally healed from what we thought would be a fairly easy procedure. To say the least we have had a sperm count done and it is looking pretty grim. The surgeon has a 2 year guarantee, if you don't get pregnant in 2 years they will redo the procedure for free.... Yeah, I don't think we'll be jumping at that agian. So in ending my drawn out story.. If you are having any doubts about wanting more children whether now or later, please consider that not even the claimed to be "best of the best" can help if you do change your mind. I know that everyone doesn't have the same experience or problems, but on a personal note, my husband and I would both do differently if we could. I wish you the best in you decisions.
Chanshawn
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thank you for responding. I wasn't sure when you would because your post was from august. I'm sorry to hear that it's not going well. That's exactly what i'm afraid of. I guess we'll just have to be abstinent until we're ready for more. Laughing Laughing
|
Quick Reply