Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

the World's a Scary Place. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am watching oprah and there was a story about a lady who had a baby and then this other lady came over and set her house on fire and stole the baby. Or at least thats what the lady suspected but couldnt prove... So forth and so on the lady disappears after the fire and the fire dept. Says they found the baby's remains (which werent human). Six years later the lady shows back up with this other lady's daughter and that lady took a piece of the little girls hair and had it tested and it was her daughter. I think things like this happen a lot but just arent in the news, or a hospital makes a mistake and gives you someone elses baby.... Stuff like this really scares and worries me. When my sister was born my mom follwed everyone who ever held my sister, and I thought it was funny then but now I see why she did it. I know u just have to have faith in people but I am already protective over my baby and its still in my belly. The world is truly a scary place.
Meagan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Oh yeah I know, im gonna be careful at my hospital but I know I have a real good one. They are very protective and stuff but im still gonna keep my eye on them
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I remember hearing about that a couple of months ago when they reunited the real mother and daughter! That is so tragic!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thats pretty scary. Although I will be very protective of my child once outside the hospital. I have a wonderful hospital and i'm not at all worried about them doing something like that. My baby will be born by the same people that me, my little sister and little brother were all delivered by. So i'm not worried. But that is really scary to think about.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I know hospital take precaution, but u gotta watch some of the hospital people too. I dont know I think I am being paranoid. I am really trying to see if houston has a hospital that has the match wristbands for u and your baby, and if its your baby when u put them together they play a lullaby. But if its not you hear nothing. Yeah erin they showed how the girl and her biological mother were doing and the little girl doesnt really like it where she is. Its really sad.
Meagan
|

Extremely eHealthy
You should see a post I made on another forum on a different website but you all might get mad at me but it has to do with how the world is scary. I am considering becoming a part of vhemt.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thats what I liked about my hospital. While you were in the delivery room, they put two bands on the baby. They both have your name and id number on it. And whenever you put the baby in or take it out of the nursury they check to make sure your bands match. And they put another on the baby and it is this thing that triggers an alarm and shuts down the whole maternity ward if you take the baby within 5 feet of an exit. And you cant take them in the hall unless they are in the crib. And plus, josh has that birthmark on hid forehead. Lol.
|

Extremely eHealthy
tweety12986 wrote:
i know hospital take precaution, but u gotta watch some of the hospital people too. I dont know I think I am being paranoid. I am really trying to see if houston has a hospital that has the match wristbands for u and your baby, and if its your baby when u put them together they play a lullaby. But if its not you hear nothing. Yeah erin they showed how the girl and her biological mother were doing and the little girl doesnt really like it where she is. Its really sad.

Meagan

i'm here in houston, and I think that the willowbrook methodist hospital has something like that, or if you really want to be safe, st. Johns hospital in the woodlands dosent even take the baby out of your room unless absolutely necessary. And they have alarms on each baby that go off if you pass a certain point.
|

Chrissy you were lucky you had your own built in mark for josh. Lol. Lucky, and whats a vhemt?
Meagan
|

I watched oprah today. I thought that was really sad. I would be over cautious if I had a kid. Things like that happen all the time. Its scary.

Wow chrissy, your hospital seems to be really good! Id feel so safe having my baby there with that trigger thingy. Smile
|

Michelle that sounds like something I need, but I live pretty far from the woodlands i'm near 290... Its not super far but I think depending on when I go into labor I could be stuck on 290 or somewhere tryin to get there. Lol. Do u think if one methodist hospital does it they all do. Right now I am having my baby at memorial herman northwest.
Meagan
|

Extremely eHealthy
They probably do. If your really concerned ask your doctor. They can tell you for sure.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Does vhemt stand for v______ h________ emergency medical technician?
|

Veteran's hospital!!!!!!!!!!! I won I won I won!!!!!!!! Lol. I'm a goofball I still dont know what it is.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ohhhh.
|

No erin I was guessing I dont know what vhemt is. Lol. I was just gussing cuz we have one of those hospitals. Sorry if I confused u.
Meagan
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol! Grrr I thought you really figured it out!
|

I hear about these things all of the time. In my birth plan, I have a statement that says "my child should be in my room at all times, unless emergency care is needed."
|

Extremely eHealthy
No you all are way off. You may think i'm crazy but it's the voluntary human extinctiction movement. You join basically by choosing not to have kids and acknowledging that that is your reason for not having one.
|

Oooooohhhh. I know alot of people who would want to join that. Not me though. Its your choice wether or not u want kids
meagan
|
12 >>