Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

Tingly Hands And Feet

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey there -

i am 19 weeks pregnant and the last few days - my hands and feet won't stop tingling. It feels like when your legs or feet go to sleep after being in the same position for too long. But this is happening to me constantly, even when im walking around. I know it must have something to do with circulation, but am woried that it may be a pregnancy complication. Any suggestions or anyone had this happen? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Ask your doctor. I know for pre-eclampsia you will start swelling at your feet, see blurry and things like that. Call your doc though. Good luck.
|

replied September 30th, 2003
???
Are you working?
I began to have the same problem at about 25 weeks. I spoke to my doc and turns out that pregnant women develop carpel tunnel syndrome during pregnancy due to the slightest bit of swelling. The best thing you can do for it is rotating exercises. Mine is so bad now that anytime I try to write a letter to my hubby (he's overseas) mine hand goes completely numb and I don't even have enough strength to hold the pen.
I'd speak with your doctor about this at your next visit.
|

replied October 7th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, it does sound like carpel tunnel-u can have an op or meds for it though good luck!
|

replied October 7th, 2003
All Three Pregnancies I Had Tingling In My Hands And Feet
It gets so bad sometimes I cannot feel my entire arm. My doctor gave me hard wrist braces that you can by at any drug store. It helps a lot. It took me a week or so to be able to get use to the braces at night, but braces are way better then the numb feeling. Hope you feel better.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
numb tingly hands
I'm not surprised that there wasn't a good answer here. I am 72 years old and have been incapacitated with numb tingly hands for several years as well as vision problems. Doctors could not tell me what the problem was. I've had the vision problem for about 30 years. One day a med tech suggested prenatal vitamins for my weak fingernails and when I started taking them, not only did my fingernails get stonger but the numbness and tingling disappeared and my vision problems disappeared. When I quit taking the vitamins, after a couple of weeks my hands go numb and tingly again. My family physician doesn't know which vitamin is doing the trick; he said just keep taking the prenatal vitamins with iron. I chuckle everytime someone asks why a 72 year old woman needs prenatal vitamins but believe me, I'm deficient in something but no one knows what so I keep taking them.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov