Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Those That Use Formula**

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im wondering...Im already on my 5th 12.9 oz can of formula sence july 26th (and the cans almost gone).. So like 15 days... So that means I would go through about 10 cans a month. Does this sound like a normal amount? Hes only 3 1/2 weeks though. Or do I have a little piggy?! Lol. He eats every 2-3 hours and about 3 oz each time. (thats approx..Sometimes a little more or less) thanks! I dont know how much they 'normally' eat at this time. Im glad I have wic because formula is so expensive. 16 or 17 bucks a can (here at least) so 10 cans at least a month would add up. But im thinkin I will have to buy some on my own for sure because I get 9 cans a month and when he keeps eating more.. I will definitly have to. Thanks for your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
This is partly why I really hope I can breast feed!!! So long as I can figure something out with my inverted nipples.

Stacey
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well I had danica on bottle for two days (now I use both) but she ate about 3 oz every 3-4 hours and the public health nurse told me thats a good sign shes eating properly... So dont worry, u just have a healthy hungry baby!

Shauna
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Huni garrett is just fine river is now almost 4 months and eats every 3-5 hrs about 6-7oz!! Hes been like that since 2 months if u run out just call the office tell them ur out and they will give u more so u dont got to pay for it!! I have to buy like 2 extra cans so I have enough to hold river over till next checks!! Hes coming along just fine sweetie!
|

replied August 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Haha I got 9 cans on the 22nd, and I had to buy more! Its onluy?Wut tyhe 12 or 13?..Im on my 11th can! 12.9 powder
|