Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Mothers of 2-3 Yr Olds...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Now that amari is 2 yrs old, isn't it a good time to start potty training her?
Any tips or ideas?

Thanks....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
I trained kaitlyn myself. If a child is old enough to say i'm wet or change me....... They need to be potty trained. For kaitlyn, this is what I did. Got up the first morning, put her a panty on. She'd pee everywhere..... It's a thing you gotta accept. I'd change her panty. Diaper that night. Next morning, panty but this time when she peed I wouldn't change it. I'd tell her "stay wet!". And i'd let her walk around with a wet panty for a while. I mean, not forever but a lil while. It took 4 days and she was trained completely. She never peed in the bed or in her pants again. No more diapers. It's not hard, you just gotta stick to it and do not put her a diaper! And wet panties are horrible so the kid will not like it!
|

Experienced User
Thank you so much! Wink

amari comes to me all the time and say pee pee, but I never paid her any mind. I am going to start training her tonight.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ok do you have a little kids potty? Like training toilet? Well hope is gonna be 2 soon and she likes to sit on the toilet and pee in her diaper while sitting on the toilet. And she says pee pee. So they are trying to get her trained but shes taking her time. Just keep the toilet around and sit her on it every once in a while. My other neice kristen had the same potty and she learned at about 1 and a half, she was smart and picked up on her own. No training needed. It should take a few days to get them to do it. Shes 2 so shes ready. My friends son is 3 and looks 5 and hes still in diapers! Thats ghetto
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Kaitlyn didn't use the little potty. It was an insult to her. So she learned on the big potty.
|

I know I was potty trained at 13mo believe it or not...

|
Quick Reply