Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Is It Possible For a Tick to Live Inside You?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Is it possible for a tick to live inside your body?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What do you mean by inside your body? Do you mean in your stomach (like if you ingested it) or do you mean under your skin?
Under your skin, yes. In your stomach, no. Stomach acid would kill it. However, I suppose if you swallowed a tick and it attached itself to your throat or something that maybe it could live there. I dunno though.
|

But what if it climbed up your throat and layed eggs or went to other areas like in your nasal passage way is that possible
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't know for sure, but I really don't see why not. I mean, they live off of your blood, so as long as they were attached to you and weren't in your stomach acid or anything I guess so. And as long as they could breath. (i think they need to breath, right?) but the chances are very slim of this happening. At least I would think so. Don't quote me on any of this, because I really don't know for sure!
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
I honestly believe the tic was inside living foer 3 years
I got bitten by a tic 3 years ago,today the same place it went in came out .....my left breast,what.it was a boil looking bump right in the middle of the bulls eye.i really believed if they had cut it open they would have pulledm out the tic.but they wouldnt touch it in maine.they gave me 5 days of tetrycline.5 months later i can not tell you how bad off i was that was july 6 2007,today 3 years,the other night my same breast was burning.what would you know it came climbing back out same spot.half way outside of it.i pulled it out under panic with tweezers.
|

replied August 29th, 2011
Tic inside my body?
How are you Today ???
I think i have a tic inside ME ! Its really aweful!
Caroline
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I think I have a tick in my toe..... Idk tho cuz its kinds small but it hurts and iches and ive had tons of bugbitez and they dont hurt only itch ........
|
Quick Reply