Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Strange Continuous Pains

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the past year and a half i've had pains in my lower abdomen and side.

I've been to doctors and had all sorts of tests run. All turned out negative.

The pain that occurs under my 'spare tyre' starts 10 days after my period and continues until the start of my next period. This is often accompanied by 'dire rear' (i can't spell it properly Smile) my doctor prescribed the pill and since then the pain continues but the dire rear has stopped.

I also have a pain on the left side again just under the tyre that comes with eating lactose rich foods. It has been suggested that this makes me lactose intolerant but the pain continues for a few days after the symptoms first show which sounds weird.

I'm not under any stress. I'm in fact bored to tears because I can't go anywhere or do anything. My doctor has just moved surgeries without telling me and so i'd like some help as i'm hoping to return to uni next month.

Any help you can give me will be gratefully received. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2004
Hi traxia,
it sounds like your pain starts about the time of ovulation, which is about 10-14 days before your period. Have you spoken to your doctor about a possible ovary cyst? These can be harmless but can give you a bit of grief at ovulation time. Worth asking about..Maybe.

All the best,
lynnegbfan1.
|

replied August 15th, 2004
I have had an ultrasound. Wouldn't a cist show up on that? It came back normal.

Every test that has been run comes back normal. Sometimes I wish that one would be positive (a nice non life threatenening easy to fix one) just to say yes there is something definately wrong and you aren't actually going crazy.
|

replied August 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Strange Continuous Pain
Do the tests you have done also include, urine examination, urine culture, stool examination, stool culture etc. Also when was the ultrasound scan done? Have they ruled out endometriosis?
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

Yes I think so
|

Experienced User
Can you give the detailed reports of all the investigations done.
|