Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Smelly Crotch (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
This may sound disgusting: (which in fact is...) the thing is whenever I don't shower for about 2-3 days, I get this disgusting scum accumulated in the area of my crotch (the part where the leg meets the crotch). That scum looks like fungus and it smells awful. It doesn't itch at all but it gets annoying having to smell this foul odor when i'm sitting down. What can I do about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chocotroco
|

replied August 17th, 2004
Experienced User
Well you could try shmwering every day. I do. I feel so gross at the end of the day. So every morning I shower. I've never had a scum down there so I can't tell you anymore than stay clean.
|

replied August 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wash yourself everyday with soap and water.If you can smell it,so can others. Mr. Green patty
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
Dude, you have to shower every freaking day!! Thats just being hygenic!!

Hehe, but the "scum" on your leg is just from seating everyday. When you get out of the shower, put powder between your legs and where your balls touch of rub there.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah just take a bath and put some powder on that should work, but if you dont bathe everyday... Try every other day.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ummm, why don't you bathe every day? I bathe at least once a day, sometimes twice and sometimes three times. (depending on how humid/hot it is). I am sorry, but that is very dirty.
|

replied December 10th, 2004
There is cream dedicated to clear that up ask your doctor is usually begins with a bateria from your bum and can cause a rash and or smegma cheese.
|

replied January 7th, 2005
Not disgusting, actually same problem with me, just that, I take shower everyday, I change underwears every 2nd day, I change clothes every day, after sleeping, the smell just comes back again.. Sigh need help
|

replied February 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok, one of you doesn't bathe for 2-3 times in a row.
And another one of you showers every day, but then puts on the same underwear again?

Makes me wonder about the people around me... Sickening.

I shower 3 times per day.

First: as soon as I crawl out of bed, to wake me up before heading to the gym.

Second: after I get back from the gym, before I go to work. Wash all that sweat off.

Third: before I go to bed. Wash the day off me and have a nice sound sleep.
|

replied February 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Find What You Need For Hygene.
Many of your responders gave good advice. Pick and choose what applies:

1. You probably should shower more frequently.

A. Showering every two or three days may not be good enough depending upon your lifestyle. If you have a job doing physical labor, you may need to shower before for your co-workers sake and afterward for your family and friends.
B. If you sweat alot, you need to be clean from bateria building on your body. Find deoderants, antipersparents, and powers which keep you dry. If you use any of these products, make sure you use soap and water to clean them from your body daily and reapply a fresh coating. These products are not good if you apply another layer over the layer of the previous day. They will trap bateria and create body oder!
C. Make sure you use soap all over your body when you shower. Try different ones to see if one works better than another.
D. If you don't shower, wash yourself in the sink with soap and water especially in your crotch and under your arms!
E. If you exercise, shower after you exercise, especially if you sweat. When I exercised heavily, I showered twice daily in the morning and after I finished my workout.
F. After showering, make sure your crotch is dry before putting on your underwear. Mosture can cause bateria to grow/and cause bo.

2. Boxers or briefs. May be part of your problem is your underwear. If you wear briefs try boxers which won't hug your skin. By the way, always wear a clean pair of underwear. Never reapply a used pair. Once you take it off for any reason, wash it before reapplying.

3. Wear clean clothes. Make sure you wash your clothes after every use. If you do this great, if you don't, then you can't get away with it without your body reacting to it. Try a different laundry detergent (tide, surf, etc.). May or may not work. If you have a washer/dryer great. If you don't, get to the laundrimate weekly.

Simple tips to help, find what works best for you and the ones you love!

Best wishes,

tomz
|

replied May 13th, 2005
I know what you mean, chocotroco.
Although I haven't gotten scum there, there's definitely a sweaty smell that won't go away.

However, I do shower at least once a day, and it still isn't going away. Soap, shampoo doesn't help.

Just a thought: maybe pubic hair prevents water from washing away all the germs, etc?
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Chocotroco

bath or shower a lot more often...Like every single day. Don't go like 4 days without takinga bath or a shower that's disguisting!
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Don't use soap it breeds bateria and makes it worse.
|

replied November 19th, 2005
Try summers eve the woman soap, I was over a lady friend house and I needed to wash up and she told me to use it and I was more than suprised.
|

replied December 11th, 2005
Uhm well heres some advice take a shower! Not hard to do..Geesh.. :roll:

dirty people like that act like stepping into a shower is going to cause them to melt! Lmao.. :roll:
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You really should bath every day. If you dont, at least wash your private parts and underarms. Always wash cleanest area to dirtiest. I.E. Dont wash your ass then your face . You may want to try something over the counter for jock itch. And if you are just a extra sweaty guy after washing, just use some spray deoderant down there.

Good luck with that.
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
lilypad wrote:
i.E. Dont wash your ass then your face .

lol. Good advice! ;)
|

replied February 6th, 2007
Dirty Piggie
You need to go to the chemist, buy a tube of hydrozole, wash 2 or 3 times a day and apply cream. You dirty piggie.
|

replied February 17th, 2007
Here's Some Real Help!!
Unlike most that reply with a lack of knowledge of the situation, and as a medical professional, I thought I might offer some helpful advise. Your situation which really doesn't have much to do with poor hygiene.

More than likely you have a type of yeast infection. Guys can get them too. They can be transmitted sexually or it can be a reaction to certain types of foods. As i'm sure you know bacteria like to thrive in dark moist places. After a shower and what not they get more active due to the moisture, heat, etc. Where on the body is it more moist, darker and hotter than in your genital area. We all have bacteria & yeast on your bodies and we all have the possibility of developing a bacterial and yeast infection. All you need is a tiny break in the skin and you have an infection.

Anyway, go to a real health food store; probably not a gnc or vitamin shop unless that's all you have. But look for something called "aciddophilus"; the yeast can not live in the body as long as your taking the aciddophilus. The "dophilus" is the main part of the name that your really looking for in the products.

A good brand is "jarro-dophilus eps"; there are other good brands as well. They do tend to be a bit pricy, around $18-$60 per bottle or package.

Try to get one that fights the most number of yeast bacteria stands. The jarro-dolphuis fights 8 different strands with good bacteria. They tend to work by using good bacteria to kill the bad bacteria. There is a bit of irony for you. Also diet can play an important role; if you can cut out white flour, mayo, cheese and dairy. You may be having an allergic reaction.

Another thing to get is to get a product that contains candida. "now" makes one called candida clear for around $14. This also fights the yeast infection.

Remember it's really not from poor hygiene; it's just life. Live, learn and move on. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I definately do not think it is a yeast infection whatsoever. So don't get your undies all in a bundle over that one. Showering more frequently (every day) will help alot. It is caused from the moisture and sweeting between your groin and your thigh. I then suggest grabbing yourself some Monistat soothing care chafing relief powder gel. Rub a little dime sized portion between thigh and groin in that crease. This stuff is amazing even on your hands it is sooo silky smooth and its not wet. This cuts down the sweating/moisture in that area therefore it wont get that scum or smell. I am quite sure this will work for you. It can be found in the womens aisle. Don't be embarassed to buy it because you will be extremely happy with it!
|
Tags: smelly, smell, fungus
Quick Reply