Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Warts Frozen -> Huge Blood Blisters (help!) (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Last thursday morning I had six warts frozen, leading to blistering and swollen fingers. Five of the six blisters have since filled with blood, two of which have grown ridiculously huge (3/4 of an inch at least) and are very painful. I, nor my roommates have ever seen anything like this. It seriously looks scary and disgusting like my fingers will have to be amputated or something. Friday morning I e-mailed my doctor, telling him I had huge blood blisters and asking him if I should pop them or not. He told me to leave them be. Well, this is sunday afternoon and the blood blisters have since tripled in size and the pain is much worse. One of my fingers is still very swollen and is beginning to feel numb. I've been researching the internet and all I find is that cryotherapy is painful during and for the following few hours after the freezing process. Well, that part hurt, but not nearly as bad as it hurts now. Also, all the information i've found says the blood blisters crust over and come off after two weeks and not to break them yourself. Well, all six blisters are on my hands and fingers, thus making me unable to do menial tasks that are required for me to do my job at work. I cannot go for two weeks without being able to do stuff like pull keys out of my pocket.

Help! What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper samantha87
|

replied August 8th, 2004
This is experimental. Put neosporin on your warts, put a bag of ice on it, and sit down and relax. Warts are due to stress probably. Get some sack time, and take some days off work. Try this for one week and if it hasn't done anything, then you can yell at me. I had a wart before and I don't want to talk about it, but it went away because I relaxed quite a bit. I slept a lot, and take deep breath's. Plop yourself on the sofa and watch tv. Main point, you need to relax.
|

replied March 23rd, 2011
just FYI, warts are not stress related. they are a virus
|

replied July 10th, 2011
Re: stress and warts
Actually, with your immune system being attacked as a byproduct of stress, thus leading to the opportunity for warts to comeout of hibernation from a degraded immune system...really, you could say that, 'yes' they can be.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied January 10th, 2009
You'll be fine
Just had one frozen off myself. If you need your hands, deal with a little pain and cut the blister off. Be sure you get the wart cut off. Keep it wrapped in gauze and treated with Neosporin. Now, the sanitation is all on you. I used alcohol to sterilize the scissors and tweesers I used to cut mine off. But...rinse the alcohol off first. Burns like hell. In a couple days time, your finger will be back to normal.
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
samantha87
i have a huge blood blister on my foot i did get the liquid nitrogen sprayed on a planter wart on my heal. i have neer had it done before.. i did have 3 warts so i go them all sprayed. well all 3 have blood blisters that are now blue and purple i have had them for 3 weeks.yes, they are very painful. you NEVER pop them it causes infection. they will burst on there own. if you pop them too soon the wart will grow right back. i know they are very painful but you have to let them be. its hard for me to walk on my foot and when im not at work or dont have to walk on my foot i dont.all you can do is know that blisters or blood blisters are normal and good to get rid of the virus.about 10 people in my family are doctors or nurses and they have all told me the same thing and that is to let it be. warts are gross looking and blood blisters are a million times worse but if you pop it yourself it will either get infected or grow right back. be patient. i hope this helped some people because it seems like me including didnt know the answer.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
What i Do (100% success rating)
Cut them. ALLLL of my blisters i cut. Disinfect a knife or needle, poke into on an angle like this:

---------->/
^Knife / <Skin

Be sure to go slow and stop once you see fluid come out, i HAVE done this on blood blisters, too! Apply some disinfective, and let dry for about a week, in your case. Then, Cut off the rest by opening up the hole you already made and cutting on the edge of live, and dead (blistered) skin, and cut it all off. ONLY WHEN SKIN IS HARD, DRY, AND DEAD, otherwise it will hurt... ALOT! if its dead, you dont feel it. DO NOT PEEL, that can cause live skin to rip, and that hurts even more.

Im 100% not kidding, if done correctly, in about a month or two it will be gone, no scars!

- Joey Orlando
|

replied August 31st, 2009
Poke one little itty bitty hole into each blister. and use toilet paper to soak up the puss/blood. Use some anti-biotic cream and cover popped blisters with A LOT of it bandage up with some gauze pads and medical tape.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
My grusome blisters
i'm lying here like a useless cripple, unable to walk or use my right hand. i'm using my little sister to type this and to research this abnormal mass growing on my hand and feet. i've had this since friday morning and it is now monday evening. they have more than trippled in size and are still very painful and look like swolen grapes! from reading the above comments i agree with samantha as it sounds the most sensibe, least painful and harmful thing to do.
|

replied June 26th, 2010
Warts after frozen
My son have a bunch of warts frozen and the take home paper said to peel off head of blister. I couldn't do that so I poked a tiny hole in them to release the liquid. The paper said to wash with anti-bacterial soap and keep ointment on it.
|

replied November 9th, 2010
Nurse says to pop it.
i agree with staylor188.

The nurse who froze my wart said I SHOULD pop the blister. Some of the virus will be in the liquid that oozes out. Popping the blister quickens the removal of the wart.

The main reason the nurse froze so much was precisely to cause a blister to form that could be popped to remove the wart virus.
|

replied May 20th, 2011
My doctor said "Drain the blister to relieve pressure and pain but do not peel the blister." I asked if it would cause infection or make the warts come back.

He answered (paraphrased) "Only if you don't properly wash and sterilize the needle, and don't properly bandage the drained blister: and warts are a virus your body refuses to fight... freezing, cutting, and other medications are a way of telling your body you don't want warts. Eventually, your body gets the hint and kills the virus itself."

Ignore what I have to say. It doesn't bother me, really. I'm sitting here with band-aids covering about 7 wart/ blister combo's listening to my doctor's advice. I'm personally ignoring everyone else on here and only going by what he said.

Keep in mind blisters are just your body putting a layer between the "damaged" skin and the surface. As long as you don't peel the blister off, the layer of protection is there (and the blister will likely re-form as it has done for me 3 times now).

TL;DR Put a hole in the blisters, drain the blood/ serum but don't rip the blister off, bandage and sterilize. Rinse and repeat.
|

replied June 18th, 2011
Neosporin?
so can i use neosporin on the open wart? Huge blister and it hurts like heck
|

replied January 10th, 2012
can a wart be successfully popped w/out growing bck,
did you ever get an answer for neosporin? I had a war frozen yesterday on my left wrist. It is now 2cm wide and long, it burns, and now i dont know why the dr didnt say don't do it or tell me what i was t feel. it is pinkish, ugly to look at . hurts when i put a band aid on it want to pop it. has anyones grown back?. can we use neosporin or triple antibiotic cream. how long will it take to go away?
|

replied June 26th, 2011
I'm fourteen and just had 19 warts frozen off of my hands and hurts like crazy. The doctor said not to pop it, but it should pop within a couple of days and blister over. This is also a lot less painful (I have had one frozen off of my foot before). He said I could put neosporin on the blister if it starts to crack open to expose the live skin underneath. So don't try to pop it, but if it does pop just wash it and let it be. Oh and the swelling should go down and stop hurting within a couple of days after the swollen skin dies.
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
warts
I like turtles
|

replied February 18th, 2012
it hurts??
yesterday i had 2 warts frozen on my finger. some people say that it hurts, yeah it hurts if u ripped the wart before being frozen. i ripped mine open and it hurts like hell when my doctor frozen it. so now i have like a water type of blister and im not sure if it'll become a blood blister :/
|

replied July 4th, 2012
2 days ago I had 2 warts removed. One of Which is fine and still looks the same without any pain but the other on my thumb is massive and swollen and hurts to put a plaster on. As i have had warts frozen off before and the blistering has occured this way i suggest that you deal with it for about a week then the blister will start to go hard and it won't hurt and you can peel it off in about 3 weeks time. The important thing is to not rush it. Also DO NOT rip the blister off!!
|

replied July 4th, 2012
2 days ago I had 2 warts removed. One of Which is fine and still looks the same without any pain but the other on my thumb is massive and swollen and hurts to put a plaster on. As i have had warts frozen off before and the blistering has occured this way i suggest that you deal with it for about a week then the blister will start to go hard and it won't hurt and you can peel it off in about 3 weeks time. The important thing is to not rush it. Also DO NOT rip the blister off! The wart will come right back if you do
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Oh my word! I had a cluster or warts frozen of my little finger yesterday afternoon, it wasnt so painful during the process, but within hours the blister started to form and fill with blood. This morning its about 2cm by 4cm and wraps around my little finger making it impossible to bend and very painful to touch. Im reading a lot of mixed reviews about draining the blister - is this really a bad thing and will it reverse the process of the wart removal making this painful experience pointless??
|

replied October 13th, 2012
Pain!!!! Blood!!! Blisters!!!
I had three warts frozen of of my thumb yesterday, and last night I put a bandage on the semi-large regular blisters. When I woke up this morning, the two blisters the size of pennies and filled with blood have formed. I only knew this because the bandage had risen so much, i could see the blisters from the sides. I am way to scared to take the bandage off, and my thumb hurts like the dickens and I really don't know what to do!!!!! I actually can't get the bandage off because if I even move it slightly it hurts like crazy! I saw from earlier replies that this is slightly normal, but I'm totally scared!
|

replied October 14th, 2012
Don't worry yourself too much as per my experience this is totally normal. I've had perfect results from my treatment but it does take a lot of patience and care Smile
You can get a sterilised pin or needle and prick the blister to one release the pressure and two reduce the size. Under no circumstances should you pop it or remove the top. Your body needs this to help it heal. Keep pulling savlon cream on it with a light gauze bandage to help it heal. Hang in there .... Immy Smile
|

replied March 20th, 2013
I have a large on right in the middle of my pointer finger on my right hand. I kept cutting it off. As some said above kept getting in the way of my work. I had to rip it off every few days and then it was a blood blister all the time. Finally went to the dr. she froze it and I actually liked how it felt since I kept thing it was going away like , ",kill the dang: thing. Pain makes me know it is working. When I cam home and took the bandage off 24 0hours later when I had to put my hands in water.) it was smaller, but not blistered at all though painful. this has been 3 weeks and now back and maybe even bigger. She told me to come back in. I have no insurance. Hey Obama? So my credit is going to be ruined unless I do as someone else stated after sterilizing cut down into the skin. I was told Drano works, but scared to put it on the open part after torn off. Drano did nothing on top of the sealed bump of it. when it is on the main finger you cannot wait the time to get it off by duct tape which worked for my daughter on her shin.
|

replied March 31st, 2013
I had warts removed on the bottom of my feet. As soon as they turned into blisters, I ripped them off. Now there is no skin or anything, just raw flesh. What should I do, and how long should it take to heal?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply