Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Could I Get Pregnant From "playing" With Him?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Don't worry - the scenario this time isn't quite the same as my previous pregnancy thread.

This is embarrassing to discuss, but here goes: I was giving my boyfriend a hand job (eww, hate that word), and I was on top of him. Hard as it is to believe, it wasn't unconfortable. But anyway, he ejaculated once, and was well on the way to doing so a second time. I could feel a sticky dampness through his mesh shorts. It got my hand a little sticky; not wet, but sticky.

When I went to wash my hands in the bathroom I had to use the toilet first (i'd had to pee for about 2 hours), and I went without first washing my hand off. Then I got a sudden intense itch down there [from my yeast infection o.O] and I accidentally scratched with the sticky hand. I'm really scared I could be pregnant from such contact.

I checked my jeans as well; they were very very slightly dampened in front. I checked my underwear; they were soaked on the inside, which I can't proudly say came from me. It was white, but yeah...Yeast infection, remember.

Note these further details: my entire hand didn't touch the area - only my fingertips and nails, but I had squeezed my hand together earlier when complaining about the stickyness. Also I didn't go inside my vaginal area - I only scratched the outer lips.

When I had wiped myself I may have brushed against the outer lips a second time as well. I washed my hands afterwards three times with soap and water. Within the next 40 minutes I returned to the bathroom 4 times to wash down there with lots of liquid soap and water as well as peroxide (i was desperate). When I got home about 4 hours later I covered my entire genital area with peroxide and rubbing alcohol. I didn't know quite how to clean myself so I chose some germ fighters.

This time my sexual contact was closer, with the fluids and all. My boyfriend assured me a hundred times over I wouldn't get pregnant, and that the unfriendly antibodies in the vaginal area would kill any sperm that might have entered. But I don't believe that; it only takes one little sperm to make an embryo.

If it helps at all my last period ended last weekend, and my next one won't start until the end of this month.

Someone please help me. I'm deathly scared right now. I know I should have been paying closer attention and washed my hands right away.

Could I get pregnant from this?

Can someone confidentally tell me I 100% will not get pregnant without any hesitation?

Scaredbaka - hopes she's overreacting again
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2004
Hello you have nothing to worry about it you wiped your hand and it
was sticky sperm dies immediately if left in a pile it can survive for a
while but scratcing absolutely not in all my four years of being a ob
nurse I have never heard of anything like that happening so calm down
i promise you'll be fine
|

replied August 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
It is very, very highly unlikely, but still possible.
Sperm does not die immediately! My goodness.
|

Extremely eHealthy
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Errr I know I replied to this - where did it go? Oh well i'll do it again.

Nice research! Cool
that should be a sticky somewhere
|

Extremely eHealthy
I put this "proof" in two different posts and I saw that you replied to the other one. It is still there! Don't fret!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Rolling Eyes at me Wink
|

Yes it does sperm dies immediately if wiped scratched or rubbed
if it's in a pile it stays alive for awhile you need to get your info some
where else
|

Extremely eHealthy
Okay, now if each individual little sperm was crushed and killed then okay. But, if you have sperm on your hand and you rub it on something, the chances of all of it dying are quite slim.
You need to get your info somewhere else. It is very irresponsible of you to be claiming to be a healthcare professional and giving these girls false information.
|

Oh but I am a health care professional and if you have a pile of
sperm on your hand you can not get pregnant that way if you rub yourself
because as soon as you rub it scratch it or even mess with it it will die
why don't you call your doctor and ask they will tell you the same thing
you need to stop giving false info and scaring people with your false
opinion and yes nothing more then a opinoin if she would call her
doctor right now and ask that question they would say no way but if
you want to doubt what I say then do it some people on here thinks cause
they have a kid there a pro and well not even close maybe you should
become a nurse if you think your so smart about pregnancy you'll learn
a bunch of info that you thought you knew when in fact you really know
nothing on the subject except what web sites and dictionary's tell you
well let me tell you there obviously not up to date so i'd advise getting
your info else where and you can keep saying what you want but when
people read these you look stupid not me
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hahahahahah. lmao! I look stupid, not you? You haven't had one true fact yet my dear! If you get semen on your hand and then get in near enough to the opening of your vagina, you can indeed conceive! Yes, it is a long shot, but sperm does not die just because you touched it! You are not a nurse! And if you are then you need to be fired! You know nothing! For your information my friend is actually a nurse and she actually know what she talks about! You are just silly. I provided proof! You have nothing, but what you say. It is you that is stating only opinion. Grow up and stop lying. I am not "worrying" anyone. I stated that it is a long shot, but it can happen for goodness saked. If "rubbing" killed sperm then all anyone would have to do is continue intercourse after the man ejaculated into her. That way the "rubbing" would kill the sperm!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Im glad I dont live where u do--and ppl. Bware if u do--shes an idiot
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Jeni did you bother to even look at the link - by a family planning association - no? Thought not.
Here it is again so you don't need to scroll up.

Http://www.Fpaneo.Org/news.Asp?Id=2
|

Extremely eHealthy
Surprised she lives in illinois!!!Hope not near me!!!!!!Save us all!!Patty
|

replied August 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Wow, I can see that things have really heated up here since I made this post.

But I thank everyone for their advice, even if it conflicts with someone else's. But as I had said in my original post, my hand did not go near my vaginal opening, or even beyond my outer lips - I simply relieved an itch. And while I too think the chances are very unlikely, I won't say it's impossible. Anything is possible.

There is something, though, that I must question...While I know it takes a single sperm to fertilize the egg, I have learned through some research that it takes millions of sperm to make fertilization possible. I've read that the sperm will collide with the egg, slowly dissolving the protective coating on the egg cell. Then when the coating has been weakened enough in one place to allow entry, one lucky sperm will make it inside. After that, the egg will repel all other sperm with small electric waves. While possible, I really don't think that the stickyness on my fingertips would contain millions of sperm (it was like the sticky feeling you get if you get a little bit of juice or soda on your hand and let it set for a minute). Could a past ovulation reduce my chances of conception?

And I know a woman can get pregnant at practically any time, but is she not at her most fertile point during the two weeks preceeding her period? I know that my last period began on july 25th and ended around the 30th, so I think that might slightly reduce the risk, though i'm not sure.

But I have another question concerning pregnancy...Is it true that a girl or woman will throw up the day after she conceives?

Also, in the insane event I am pregnant (god forbid!!), would I not have already displayed signs of it? Though i'm sort of confident i'm not pregnant, I still worry. My next period won't come for another couple of weeks, and I don't want to be a nervous wreck until then.

Scaredbaka - needs to pay more attention in the event of future physical situations
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi
no not every woman throws up after she concieves (maybe some do but its not a typical symptom).
Symptoms appear at different times for virtually every woman. At 2 weeks after conception I had such sore boobs and they grew a cup size too, early I know but they seem to have stopped now and dont hurt so much.
Morning sickness (any time of day/night) usually occurs between 4 and 12 weeks - siad to ease off around 12 weeks because the placenta takes over hormone production and nutrient exchange to the baby now it is fully formed (instead of the yolk sac).
But I am really sure that you don't have anything to worry about.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I cannot answer some of your questions, hun, sorry, but I really do not know the answers.
But, you are most likely not pregnant. I was just clearing up the fact that sperm does not die immediately, but I was not saying that in your exact situation you needed to worry. So, don't fret!
Good luck.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry,baka!
Sorry for getting off topic,but sometimes you can't help it.It is unlikely that you are pregnant,but yes,there are millions of sperm in what seems to us a minute amount.You are probably not pregnant,but indeed you do need to be more careful in the future.It is very easy to get carried away when things feel soooooo goooood.See a gynecologist to discuss birth control options before you actually need them.Best to you!Patty
|

Extremely eHealthy
People who think you can get pregnant in this manner should not be having sex-simple as that.Get on birth control of you're that concerned
|

replied August 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Amen to that!

Oh and to the "nurse" you don't sound professional at all and if you were I would still question your proffesionality. You can't write correctly and most nurses would have no reason for the most part to get on this site. And as to the sperm problem, anytime you have any kind of sexual relations there is always a possibility of getting pregnant. It may be unlikely in situations, but you can't 100% reasure someone that is sexually active that they will not ever get pregnant. So umm... Now I feel better after venting a bit!
|