Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hpt Question

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay....Lest night after drinking two liters of water...And I took a test and got no if ands or about it...It was absolutely negative. This morning...I took the other one in the back as soon as I got up and it has a light line. The line is very very faint...But it is there and you can see it. So am I preg or not? Should I take another test in a couple of weeks or just assume im not preg?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah youre most likely preggy. The water you drank watered out your pee most likely.

<3
gaby
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2004
Community Volunteer
A negative test can be wrong, but a positive test no matter how faint is very unlikely to be wrong.
If the line is faint it could be due to several things a) your urine was very dilute (loads of water) b) you're not very far along and haven't produced much of the hcg hormone c) its not a very sensitive test.
On the test box it should say either how soon it can be used (first response is 3days before your period is due) or it should list the sensitivity like 50iu/l or 20iu/l (international units pre litre) the lower the number the more sensitive the test is.
If you have had a faint positive test wait a few days and then re-test using your first morning urine(more likely to be concentrated), but yes if you got a positive result chances are that you are pregnant.
|

replied August 3rd, 2004
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
I sooooooooooooo told you you were prego!!!!! Lol
|

replied August 3rd, 2004
Im So Excited
I so want to be pregnant but hubby told me not to get my hopes up but its too late. Everyone tells me that a positive is a positive no matter how light so im taking it and running with it! Lol. Im going to take another test in a week or so to make sure him and I werent seeing things before making a docs appt or telling anyone.
|